Autometer C2's

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I found some gauges on Craigslist. A guy in the next town over is selling them. They are Autometer C2's. He has Boost, Pyro, Trans Temp, and Oil Pressure. They are all in a quad pod. He states they are all in perfect shape and he has all the stuff for installation.

He was asking $250, but I offered $225 and he accepted.

Is this a good deal? I am meeting him later today to check them out.

BK39

Reaction score
Assuming everything is there and works properly, yes. Are they brand new or used? IF used, make sure you get all the hardware to go with, or no, not a good deal IMO.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Assuming everything is there and works properly, yes. Are they brand new or used? IF used, make sure you get all the hardware to go with, or no, not a good deal IMO.

They are used, but he said they are in perfect shape and he has all the hardware for them. How much does a set like that cost new?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Id give a hundred bucks for used autometers. I have ran them in EVERYTHING. I had a set of performance gauges in my 03 sd. They were ***kin nice. I bought a set of autometers in Nov for my 00. JUNK!! Tried to return them. Autometer told me to shove it where the sun dont shine. Zent em pucs of their garbage and they said "thats normal" and "foggy, hazed gauges are normal and unfortunately happen sometimes". They were brand ***kin new! If they work,great! If not you're on your own, especially getting them second hand. Id not buy another set from them.

BK39

Reaction score
I have the factory matched gauges, not the C2s. Brand new from vendor on this site, I paid about 350 - 375 for triple pod, Boost, pyro, and trans. I've had pretty good luck with my gauges, no complaints here.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I thought this was a smokin deal, but apparently not. I'll see if I can talk him down some more.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yes! I got my gauges brand new for 300 so anything above 200 is unfair,imo.

Jbone, I didnt mean to be abrasive but autometer wasted my time, my ***kin money, and were complete assholes about me questionong their all mighty product. I sent pics as they requested and they had a rebuttal for every thing I found issue with. I even sent pics of the autometer pyro, boost, and fuel.pressure that are in my 95 eclipse that have never had an issue. I might have got a bad batch or whatever but to tell a repeat customer to get lost is a pretty surefire way to lose your next sale.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Yes! I got my gauges brand new for 300 so anything above 200 is unfair,imo.

Jbone, I didnt mean to be abrasive but autometer wasted my time, my ***kin money, and were complete assholes about me questionong their all mighty product. I sent pics as they requested and they had a rebuttal for every thing I found issue with. I even sent pics of the autometer pyro, boost, and fuel.pressure that are in my 95 eclipse that have never had an issue. I might have got a bad batch or whatever but to tell a repeat customer to get lost is a pretty surefire way to lose your next sale.

What brand of gauges do you run? And where did you get them?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Id had it to do over, Id have bought isspros or Performance brand. Most likely isspro. I honestly hate mine..lol

I was really looking forward to either Auto Meter Ultra Lites or Phantom series. I really like the look of them. But after hearing your story on Auto Meter I am not sure if I want to deal with that kind of company. I don't really think I can go the Isspro route. IIRC they are way expensive. I have never heard of Performance brand gauges.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I was really looking forward to either Auto Meter Ultra Lites or Phantom series. I really like the look of them. But after hearing your story on Auto Meter I am not sure if I want to deal with that kind of company. I don't really think I can go the Isspro route. IIRC they are way expensive. I have never heard of Performance brand gauges.

Expensive? Ive got a half useable set of $300 gauges. Not counting the pods. Those are autometer also and are 125 bucks...ive got quite a bit wrapped up in crap. Id buy the ones that work! Cheap and powerstrokes dont go together....

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Expensive? Ive got a half useable set of $300 gauges. Not counting the pods. Those are autometer also and are 125 bucks...ive got quite a bit wrapped up in crap. Id buy the ones that work! Cheap and powerstrokes dont go together....

So true LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.