What to do?

• Get the bumper

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Save your money

Votes: 25 80.6%

• Total voters

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Guys I've been wanting a road armor front bumper (the base model) for a few years now. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with them as far as build quality, etc. I know their history with orders, so I'll be buying from a 3rd party that has them in stock like top gunz. I would have it linex'd black to match the truck.

Also, opinions on how you think it'll look on my truck and whether I should get it or not are more than welcome!

Thanks guys

most recent pic of my truck:
IMG_20110130_154108.jpg

photos of road amor: http://images.marketplaceadvisor.channeladvisor.com/fullView.asp?id=248511751&fc=0&img=http://marketplaceadvisor.channeladvisor.com/hi/67/66933/60800b_fronthyper_01.jpg

Last edited:

jdgleason

Reaction score
It would look killer on your truck man! I have seen several and fit in finish look great. They are heavy though, and they look better on a truck with 4+ inches of lift. I say do it.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I've got 6-7" of lift FYI, those are 24's (-_-) and 37's

Thanks for the input!

TripleE44

Reaction score
why is the wiper upLOL

save the $ and get those high powers you want

This. Truck looks too much like a classy truck to do the road armors. I think you need a more rough lookin truck like tanks to pull those off. Now if you just wanted to change the bumpers up what about powdercoated silver...?

Snake

Reaction score
The wiper up is the truck giving the finger. LOL

I agree with NOT putting a RA bumper on your truck. Would seem a little overdone and like you're trying too hard. Sometimes its the little things that have the biggest impacts.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
This. Truck looks too much like a classy truck to do the road armors. I think you need a more rough lookin truck like tanks to pull those off. Now if you just wanted to change the bumpers up what about powdercoated silver...?

I thought about this but not really sure how it would look. I've just been trying to figure out something to do with the bumpers, the chrome seems a little off

my79f

Reaction score
The build quality of the bumpers is great, they are all built in America. A good friend of mine built the road armor site, and is good friends with the owner. last year we all went on a hunting trip, and i was able to pick his brain about them. Right now i would not be afraid of ordering straight from them.

I want to do the same thing you are thinking of doing. A Base bumper on the front with paint matched 05-07 grille and harley lights.

rc4wd

Reaction score
I had an 99 150 with a road armor on it before my super duty and it was definately well made. It was also very sturdy seeins how I used the truck like a dozer and I plan to put one on my sd soon as its paid for. I dont think that the road armors look as bad on clean trucks as ranch hands or something like that because they are a little more stylish and flow with the lines of a truck better and not big and bulky.

Betarocker

Reaction score
The 24s are too big and bling to work with the Road Armor. Also, the Bull Bar doesn't suit your truck. (Nor do I like my Bull Bar on my truck, but it holds the lights)

jwlandry

Reaction score
Id personally go with IRON BULL bumpers before road armor. I think they look better and IRON BULL has a lifetime warranty on them IIRC