08 no start

strokin20

Reaction score
hey my bro has an 08 thats just recently started having some running issues and he changed the filters. now its a no start and when you turn the key on you can't hear the fuel pump buzzing and it doesn't get any fuel to the bowl under the hood. i checked the codes and it has p2291 u0155 p132c. before he changed the filters it had the low rail pressure code, the oo87 or whatever it is and would run ok till you hammered on it and it would fall on its face. done a little bit of research and it looks like the 2291 usually means hpfp but is it possible if the lpfp is bad that it would throw this code too? also, isn't there a pump in the tank that could possibly be bad? i didnt see the filters when he changed them but he said the one on the frame rail was really, really bad.

strokin20

Reaction score
ill have to hook my DD up to check it pretty sure theres no way to check it with an edge cts. also, could it be possible that its got a bad electrical connection? he just had the bed on the truck replaced and it never had any problems and ran great before it was replaced. started running bad as soon as he got it out of the body shop.

strokin20

Reaction score
will do. i checked the frp with my DD while cranking and its showing 0. im pretty sure the lpfp is dead cause its not making any noise and i'm not getting any fuel to the bowl. i also jiggled the connections on the lpfp and that didn't make any difference.

mortal798

Reaction score
I never had a P2291, but mine threw up a P0232 and P0087. I checked fuel pressure running (Ford spec is 3-8psi) and had .5 to 3.1. I just changed the LPFP two weeks ago, and it has been fine ever since. The fuel pressure now stays at 3.5 to 5.6 psi.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Good find... Just a little help if it happens again the frp sensor will read something it will nevwr readzero, basicallyy what im trying to say is it will even read the pressure your lpfp is putting on the rails unless it is fd up

strokin20

Reaction score
ok thanks. im assuming it was reading zero because the reset button needed reset. drove it around for a while and all seems good, frp never dropped below 24k on wot. thanks for the help guys.

strokin20

Reaction score
Which is kinda strange to me cause he got it out of the shop and drove to my house and said it wasn't running right. He drove back to town got filters and took it back to his house. He changed them but could never get it to start. He had to leave for work so I went and checked it out. Only thing I noticed was he didn't have the cap on the lpfp screwed in all the way. I tightened that down and started messing with it and that's when I noticed to lpfp wasn't pumping. Took me a little bit of time and googling and saw something similar with the reset button so I tried it. And wa la it works. What could have triggered the switch?

mortal798

Reaction score
It is impact sensitive. It is also possible that the switch my be defective. There is a little ball held in place by a magnet to complete the circuit to the pump. If the switch is impacted, the ball is jarred loose from the magnet and the circuit is opened.

If for some reason the ball isn't making good contact in the switch, you could have some interesting issues with the low pressure fuel system.

If the switch is defective, sorry for the :doh:

Latest posts

Members online