Leaky windshield

jngreen

Reaction score
My 2000 F350 has started leaking around the windshield. I seem to remember that this is not uncommon for these trucks and it needs to be fixed before I fry something electrical under my dash.

Now to my question, will a Ford dealership fix this problem for free? I seem to recall some kind of TSB, but since I never go to the dealership I don't really know what that means. Does it mean that they will only fix it if it is under warranty? Or, does it mean that its essentially a recall, like the CPS, and bring it in to get it repaired for free? Obviously it is no longer under warranty, so if Ford won't foot the bill, then its time to find a windshield guy to fix this.

FYI, I know this truck is eleven years old and I'm not expecting any handouts, but this truck is also meticulously maintained and only has 79,000 miles on it, so its not like its wore out either.

JLDickmon

Reaction score
Warranty... you funny guy...

Just take it to a glass shop. Quicker, easier, cheaper.. if the dealership has a body shop, have them give you a quote on a reseal...

Tom S

Reaction score
It is the GEM module that can get jacked up by a leaking windshield. They freak out and then the truck has a ghost that works electrical stuff on it's own.

jngreen

Reaction score
It is the GEM module that can get jacked up by a leaking windshield. They freak out and then the truck has a ghost that works electrical stuff on it's own.

Yep, I remember that now. I guess since there is no recall it is on my dime.

I just better get it fixed before it causes damage.

jngreen

Reaction score
Warranty... you funny guy...

Just take it to a glass shop. Quicker, easier, cheaper.. if the dealership has a body shop, have them give you a quote on a reseal...

I'm not asking if its under warranty, because obviously I know its not. I was asking if there was a recall because its known to fry the GEM. But thinking about it, I would have known if there was a recall, because I should have gotten a notice, which I haven't.

Latest posts

Members online