Injector noise at low RPM

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I think its normal, its like a ticking or clattering noise at lower RPMs. I believe it gets better when the truck gets warmer. Just wondering if anyone has tips to quiet it down, if you get on it hard it is drowned out but exhaust note.

Am i explaining this right? Im 99% certain its a fairly normal sound, just has gotten louder with the exhaust and intake installed.

Also are there any fuel or oil additives people are running with any success?

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Its just injector rattle, it gets worse with larger PW tunes, but I thought mine was fairly quite, especially sittin by a 6.0 or 6.4

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
At idle or driving?
Its driving, seems like its only above 2k RPM as well. If you keep a constant throttle just barely accelerating it will climb up to and over 2k RPMs and start the noice i mentioned, then it shifts and falls below that and the noise goes away
Its just injector rattle, it gets worse with larger PW tunes, but I thought mine was fairly quite, especially sittin by a 6.0 or 6.4

Its definitely not as bad as my 7.3 was, but i agree it sounds like injector rattle. With the rest of the truck being so quiet, its much more noticeable.

Latest posts

Members online