Fuel return location on the tank?

BFT

Reaction score
Im ready to put in the fuel cooler, for my fuel cooler relocation set up, and i need to know where the return line is to the tank. I'm pretty sure I know where it is but I need to be a 100%.
I know where it's at on the frame rail but my cooler will be located in the rear.

Thanks in advance

BFT

Reaction score
Yeah, but the cooler is being mounted where the spare tire was. I was originally going to use the stainless line off the frame rail but I'd have to use quite a bit of hose to get there

IMG_0122.jpg

White_monster

Reaction score
So make your own return port. But the return port from factory is in the middle of the tank. For what it's worth just mount your new cooler on the frame rail like the air dog is mounted. Keeps then excess hose from being needed and less crap from the rear wheels will be kicked up.

BFT

Reaction score
The t case would end up being my problem in that case. I tried placing it in front of the tank but was too close to the drive shaft.
It was my intention to do that in the beginning but this way seems to work well. If the AD wasn't there it would work well I'm sure.

BFT

Reaction score
The AD has 3" till it hits the t case and sitting it under the cab was an idea but comes too close to the drive shaft.
I was thinking to just run a long line to hard line on the frame rail and keep the return line to the tank short.

BFT

Reaction score
If it was just the cooler I'd have about an 1 1/2" but with the fan in place it becomes to close for comfort. I thought about sitting the cooler at an angle or even along side the fuel tank but then I wouldn't get the air flow I was aiming for

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Drive line would destroy it if a u joint went. Just a matter of hose length, should be fine where it is.

Latest posts

Members online