HID's high beam light dim and no high beams

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
So I've wired up my HID's and the low beam works fine except te high beam light is dimly lit always, my fog lights won't come on since the truck thinks the high beams are on and the high beams won't work... And yes they are high and low HID's... What gives...? And my phone won't let me search so I'm sry if there is a thread on this...

sirnunya

Reaction score
when you turn on high beams, do your lights cut off completely?

double check all your connections, especially the ground.

I had a problem like this on a Mitsubishi Montero Sport, and ended up having to swap some pins on the connector that triggers the HIDs

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
That's about the only thing I was thinking... Swapping the connections... And no when I click the high beams on nothing happens but the brights light in the dash goes from dim to bright...

jgcf250

Reaction score
I had this problem with Phillips HID's. I gave up and went with Retro again.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Yea i already bought a nice set from a company that i got some for my bike and my buddies truck but my jackass friend wasnt paying attention to what he was doing when we were installing them and connected wires wrong and fried everything... he got another kit for me but i cant even remember the company... im sure it wasnt all that great....

DGCstroker

Reaction score
I have been running the same set for about 6 months now and all of a sudden the other night my driver side does not fire when I change to brights. swapped ballast and bulbs all possible ways and still no fire. driving me nuts

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
I think its something with the High Beam/Low beam lights... Ive never had an issue with the standard ones... Three motorcycles and two trucks and never had an issue...

sirnunya

Reaction score
90049007.jpg

I think this is what I had to do. This is the reasoning:
"A common problem if your 9004 or 9007 does not light up stems from the problem that the 9004 and 9007 bulbs share the same harness but has different wiring. The manufacturer often substitutes one for the other. Check with the diagram to the right to see if your wiring matches the appropriate bulb. To change the wiring, insert a thin sharp object into the front of the harness, on top of the pin and push down a small metal tab while pulling lightly on the wire behind it. The metal pin should come out and you can move it to where you need it. Pry the metal tab up very slightly so that it catches again once you push the pin into place. "

- http://www.hidkitswarehouse.com/info.html

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
So ur diagram got us thinking and found out that it wasn't the factory that had things all backwards it was the wiring harness from the hid company... All good now... High beams Low beams and fog lights... Woop woop