D66 question

purpleheart350

Reaction score
Well first off I want to say thanks for getting out so quick. Ordered it saturday, I got it wednesday and had it bolt on thursday night.

I know that the D66 flows more air and Ijust wanted to make sure I didnt screw anything up. With my stock turbo I was seeing about 25-30 psi. With the 66 one I am getting about 25ish, 20 for sure. Is this normal or am I going to have to take it off and redo it?

I made sure all the clamps and boots were on right and tight as well.

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
the D66 is a bolt on that is going to run like stock until you put bigger sticks in it. Defineatly a prime turbo for stage 1 and stage 2 injectors.

purpleheart350

Reaction score
Yea I am going to be running stage 2 for sure. Just getting everything little by little. Next is hpop (on order from terminator), e-fuel, intercooler, SD intake plenums, swamps IDM, then all at once rosewood stage 2, smith rods, 910 springs, and then of course custom tuning from TW

purpleheart350

Reaction score
But as of right now the turbo feels good. I don't know if it's just me or what but it seems to spool up faster and the rig has a little pep in her step.

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
Yeah it is going to spool faster because of the compressor side and the exhaust housing makes it pretty streetable and that is a good build list from what you got but fuel = boost so with the mods you have planned your boost levels will go up little by little with each mod you add.

purpleheart350

Reaction score
Would love to but I just don't have the money in my budget right now. Once everything goes in then I will start saving for a BTS.

neverkickn

Reaction score
Would love to but I just don't have the money in my budget right now. Once everything goes in then I will start saving for a BTS.

Is your trans gone now? if not, why not just save up some more with the money you already have to spend on trans mods at the moment till you have enough to buy a built trans from Twisted, Wood, Racer X, BTS etc....

If I had followed that principle with my motor I would have a decent performance build with a cam and ported heads right nowLOL

purpleheart350

Reaction score
My biggest fear of doing that, because I thought about it, was that of I waited and blew the tranny just messing around and didn't have the money to buy the BTS I would be screwed and have no truck.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Whatever parts you buy from Brian he will credit towards a fully built one when your ready to get one. At least I know the valve body and converter does.

Bean

Reaction score
It is normal to lose some boost PSI with a d66 over a stock turbo especially with stock injs. You boost levels went down but the charge air is much cooler packing more oxygen dropping the pressure. The more pressure the hotter the air gets, hotter the air the less oxygen it contains.

Boone015

Reaction score
Im interested in getting a d66 also. So would it be okay to run without injectors and with a stock tranny? That is untill i get other parts like stage 2s, intercooler, and so on

1995stroker

Reaction score
Everything in my sig with the stock turbo i saw 30#'s MAX. Added the D66 and i see 32#'s MAX now.
I also changed tuners the same time of the turbo swap

Latest posts

Members online