Obs Door locks

Brads93 idi

Reaction score
Ok I know there is a Bunch of y'all out there but I'm trying to c how hard it is to replace my lock accuator (sorry I can't spell ) so can some body help me it's for the back doors on my cc

chromehound

Reaction score
I cut a small hole in the corner of the door near the actuator (slightly bigger than my hand) so I could reach in and check the connections, then I figured out the things were just rusty and not wanting to move, but you need small hands and paitence plus a flashlight and mirror help.

What year is your truck? The '96 actuators are really expensive for the rear cc doors and it's cheaper to switch to the '97 style or try to fix yours. Sorry I can't be more help just passin along what I've learned.

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
instead of cutting a whole out of the door. Pull your door panel off and you should be able to look at the actuator behind some of the insulation. Check your connection before you replace the whole system.

Smokin6-0

Reaction score
I need to go through all the doors on my CC. Has anyone tried keying the door locks to match the ignition key?

chromehound

Reaction score
How'd you get everything to one key? I redid my door locks and ignition cylinder and found no setups that were single key, didn't look real hard but it would be nice.

Brads93 idi

Reaction score
Man I wish I could answer that but I bought both trucks like that if Im remembering right when my mom ordered he truck at the end of 97 so yeah it was a 98 obs but anyways it came with a single key setup

Smokin6-0

Reaction score
So where is the best place to get all of the little rods and plastic clips that go inside of the door? I need to basically replace everything inside the doors of my late build 97 CC

Latest posts

Members online