HUGE gains from FICM ONLY tune!

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Yes folks, that's right. Those crazy guys at the PHP labs who brought you the very first FICM reflashes have been cooking up a whole new brand of insanity! We make "Crazy Eddie" look like he's been given a dose of Thorazine. You wanted the biggest and baddest FICM tune? Check this out!!!

Stock: 329 HP @ 3050 RPM & 598 Ft./Lbs. @ 2150 RPM
Mod: 440 HP @ 3050 RPM & 899 Ft./Lbs. @ 2250 RPM

Test Vehicle Parameters:
2004 F-250 Single Cab 2WD
Stock Exhaust (including Cat), Stock Airbox, Head Studs, EGR Cooler Delete
ECM strategy VXBC6N4
FICM strategy ARZ2AL10 (which includes mild Inductive Heating.)

(This example is with a stock ECM strategy.)

(click on image to enlarge)
stock_vs_mod_ficm_with_stock_ecm_sm.jpg

We're talking about 111 HP and 301 Ft./Lbs. (peak to peak, with 135 HP and 307 Ft./Lbs. max gain) of certifiable crazy! Plus, this tune still runs the "mild" Inductive Heating Strategy so you won't have any cold start issues. Keep in mind that this is on a BONE STOCK ECM strategy. For improved high RPM performance, you can combine this with a modified ECM/TCM strategy. Take a look at this plot:

(This example is with a modified ECM strategy.)

stock_vs_mod_ficm_with_mod_ecm_sm.jpg

As you can see, we've pretty much maxed out the capabilities of the injectors, so we needed a little extra "juice". Since we're already crazy (and we just happened to have it), we also ran a few runs with our Snow Performance Water Meth kit. We used their 49% methanol "Boost Juice" and are running the 175ml economy and 625ml power nozzles. Here's how it sized up:

(This example is with a modified ECM strategy and Water/Meth.)

stock_vs_mod_ficm_with_mod_ecm_and_wm_sm.jpg

Yes folks, that's 482 HP @ 3075 RPM and a whopping 1035 Ft./Lbs. @ 2250 RPM. On a 280,000 mile engine!!! Have we got chrome-moly cajones, or what? :doh:

Up next: Dieselsite 6.0L Adrenaline HPOP, 190cc Full Force Injectors, Diamond Eye 4" Exhaust (with single center stack), and modified airbox (as yet to be determined). Time to go break some sh....tuffff!

:fordoval:

Note: All our test runs are made on our Mustang Dyno with Eddy Current Load Cell. Loaded dynos provide the most accurate RWHP numbers for both stock and modified power runs.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
a 100 horse FICM tune? damn...I thought everything was pretty much maxed out with the current hot ECM and ficm tunes that are available now. how/where did you find an additional 60 hp out it? i'll be following this for sure...

Power Hungry

Reaction score
a 100 horse FICM tune? damn...I thought everything was pretty much maxed out with the current hot ECM and ficm tunes that are available now. how/where did you find an additional 60 hp out it? i'll be following this for sure...

Keep in mind that overall gains with a FICM and ECM tune combination aren't going to change significantly. The injectors are still going to limit the total amount of fuel. Programming the FICM is just another means of reaching the same goal. We're still limited to around 420-440 HP without going to larger injectors.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
A stock 6L injector is only capable of flowing so much fuel at a certain PW. That PW is available in the FICM and the ECM but you wont get the full benefits with stock injectors.

So basically the way I see it at least is you need to use the PW from either the ECM or the FICM programming and not both (with stock injectors)

This is the explanation as to why there are such great results with a stock ecm file and a tuned ficm file and why there are marginal gains with the ficm and ecm tune were loaded together. The pw is already maxed out in the ficm file for the stock injectors.

In order to see substantial benefits from both FICM and ECM tuning in conjunction with each other you will need larger injectors without doubt.

Mdub707

Reaction score
That's still impressive none the less. What's FICM tuning cost $ wise compared to buying an SCT and extra tunes though???

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
A stock 6L injector is only capable of flowing so much fuel at a certain PW. That PW is available in the FICM and the ECM but you wont get the full benefits with stock injectors.

So basically the way I see it at least is you need to use the PW from either the ECM or the FICM programming and not both (with stock injectors)

This is the explanation as to why there are such great results with a stock ecm file and a tuned ficm file and why there are marginal gains with the ficm and ecm tune were loaded together. The pw is already maxed out in the ficm file for the stock injectors.

In order to see substantial benefits from both FICM and ECM tuning in conjunction with each other you will need larger injectors without doubt.

I get most of that....I just didn't know you could munipulate enough parameters through just the FICM to pick up that much power without ECM tuning also. Either way.....cool!!:thumbup:

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
so what would the benefit be of just running a FICM tune like this instead of pairing it up with ECM tuning also? I assume you can't do any sort of tuning on the trans from the FICM right? Wouldn't you have to adjust shifting for 100 extra horses anyways? just curious.....

Mdub707

Reaction score
alwil good catch.

I know mine and a buddies did about 270rwhp on the dyno in stock settings.

Extended Power

Reaction score
At the crank, and at the rear wheels is different.

Not sure how bad I would wanna "stack" a race file with a high power ficm tune...

Latest posts

Members online