Industrial injection compound turbo kit

135Hoster

Reaction score
Sooooooooooooooooooooo

Seriously considering grabbing the compound turbo kit II has. Not sure if I'll be going to the 100hp injectors like buddy did. Maybe stay stock or run the 60's.

KEM says they can remote tune it, and I bet NADP can install it.

Aside from this being bleeding edge, untested, and scary... Can anyone provide a dollar argument as to why it'd be better to pick another platform for ~1300rwtq?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Sooooooooooooooooooooo

Seriously considering grabbing the compound turbo kit II has. Not sure if I'll be going to the 100hp injectors like buddy did. Maybe stay stock or run the 60's.

KEM says they can remote tune it, and I bet NADP can install it.

Aside from this being bleeding edge, untested, and scary... Can anyone provide a dollar argument as to why it'd be better to pick another platform for ~1300rwtq?

The one thing that is troublesome with the factory turbo in compound is the longevity. Its not there. I've heard from a couple people that shaft speeds are pretty high on tuned trucks, let alone anything with more fuel. I know that Industrial ate a few stock turbo's along the way in testing as well. There was talk of them moving town s300 high pressure replacement but I dunno what ever came of it.

I'd definitely make sure it was live tuned extensively. Last setup that was run with the parts you plan on using, spit a rod out and bent two others. The cylinder rods are substantially smaller then the 6.4/6.0 counter part. Where the limit is, I'm not sure. I do believe that there won't be enough fuel in the Cp4 for awhile before we find out what that mark is

135Hoster

Reaction score
The one thing that is troublesome with the factory turbo in compound is the longevity. Its not there. I've heard from a couple people that shaft speeds are pretty high on tuned trucks, let alone anything with more fuel. I know that Industrial ate a few stock turbo's along the way in testing as well. There was talk of them moving town s300 high pressure replacement but I dunno what ever came of it.

I'd definitely make sure it was live tuned extensively. Last setup that was run with the parts you plan on using, spit a rod out and bent two others. The cylinder rods are substantially smaller then the 6.4/6.0 counter part. Where the limit is, I'm not sure. I do believe that there won't be enough fuel in the Cp4 for awhile before we find out what that mark is

Yeah, and I'd rather not turn my $19k block into an expensive coffee table. From reading the ford propaganda, these blocks ship with forged mahle rods. I saw the thread where buddy windowed his block, Have we gotten any more details on this? has anyone taken exact measurements on the new rods to confirm that they are actually smaller, and not that they just 'look smaller'

And I'm new to the diesel performance scene, but would a company actually sell a kit that in 200 miles windows your block? In their diesel power mag ad, buddy said he'd been driving it on the street for a while without incident.

Haha, we need industrial injection to get in here to comment on their product so we can stop speculating. :p

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Yeah, and I'd rather not turn my $19k block into an expensive coffee table. From reading the ford propaganda, these blocks ship with forged mahle rods. I saw the thread where buddy windowed his block, Have we gotten any more details on this? has anyone taken exact measurements on the new rods to confirm that they are actually smaller, and not that they just 'look smaller'

And I'm new to the diesel performance scene, but would a company actually sell a kit that in 200 miles windows your block? In their diesel power mag ad, buddy said he'd been driving it on the street for a while without incident.

Haha, we need industrial injection to get in here to comment on their product so we can stop speculating. :p

Ford made a production change and went to a powdered metal rod. I lost my 6.7 handbook unfortunately so I can't give you *exact* specs on the rods but I do know that they are the smallest of the four engine platforms. I'd have to actually have a set here to Mic to know how much smaller they are in comparison.

Unfortunately, the engine failure was never really able to be diagnosed to one thing being the cause because so many things were changed at one time. I do believe that a custom tune would've done that truck wonders and probably would not have shot parts out of that pretty CGI block in less than 30 miles.... thats speculation though. Industrial has been around for awhile and they know what it takes to put out parts. Im sure if they felt uncomfortable with something, they wouldn't release it.

6.7 turbo failures however are in high rate and compounds certainly aren't gonna help with longevity.

Last edited:

135Hoster

Reaction score
Ford made a production change and went to a powdered metal rod. I lost my 6.7 handbook unfortunately so I can't give you *exact* specs on the rods but I do know that they are the smallest of the four engine platforms. I'd have to actually have a set here to Mic to know how much smaller they are in comparison.

Unfortunately, the engine failure was never really able to be diagnosed to one thing being the cause because so many things were changed at one time. I do believe that a custom tune would've done that truck wonders and probably would not have shot parts out of that pretty CGI block in less than 30 miles.... thats speculation though. Industrial has been around for awhile and they know what it takes to put out parts. Im sure if they felt uncomfortable with something, they wouldn't release it.

6.7 turbo failures however are in high rate and compounds certainly aren't gonna help with longevity.

I know the C&C turbos were/are dropping like flies. Is this the same for the standard ones? And without uprated rods, ARP head studs, and a better fueling system, I wonder if I'm not just better off building up a 7.3/6/6.4.

Slightly OT, Any suggestions on which I should go with? for 600+whp and gobs and gobs and gobs and gobs of torque?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I know the C&C turbos were/are dropping like flies. Is this the same for the standard ones? And without uprated rods, ARP head studs, and a better fueling system, I wonder if I'm not just better off building up a 7.3/6/6.4.

Slightly OT, Any suggestions on which I should go with? for 600+whp and gobs and gobs and gobs and gobs of torque?

I've heard of some production vehicle turbo failures as well as C&C failures. They are two different turbo's at two different power levels of engine. The production serious trucks are seeing failures mostly induced from tuning upgrades causing overspeed. Im not really sure whats going on with the C&C trucks. I haven't asked or looked into it really.

To be fair to the 6.7 engine, Im not sure what the limit is and what cause the failure in the other engine. There are a lot of conflicting reports and stories rolling around about the flo-pro rig and its hard to make heads or tales of it. The most common factor seems to be the lack of tuning. 6.7's make a lot of torque down low int he RPM range and traditionally most diesel engines never live happy lives like that. Case in point is the Ford 7.3 and the Cummins 6.7 engines. So in order to make one live, i think its gonna take some seat time and cylinder pressure testing to get a good baseline down for tuning before people start piling these things up in short order. But as i said, thats jet my opinion. I could be way off for all we know at this point but its seems like common sense to me. Either way, the cp4 isn't gonna produce enough(maintain) to make any serious power. Thats gonna be the biggest hurdle to overcome. So what I'm getting at is, take it in strides if you wanna stick out the 6.7. Do one mod at a time and see where you are at and ask lots and lots of questions from the people you choose to buy from. If you want a toy thats proven, a 6.4 is gonna be your best bet. Hands down the baddest bolt on and go diesel platform available.

If it was me, I wouldn't be afraid to build a 6.7 powerstroke. I've been looking for one for awhile and just haven't come across the right deal yet. Not everybody is cool with pushing stuff until it blows up though. I'm coming from a 7.3 background so engines giving up the ghost will be nothing new to me. In fact, I dunno what I'd do if I owned a truck that didn't eat engines LOL

135Hoster

Reaction score
And I'm not opposed to blowing stuff up, I mean stuff does happen. However replacing the short block on my Subaru for $4k is way different than having to replace a windowed shortblock on my truck for $19k.

Plus there's rumours of a lack of availability of these engines.

For ****s and giggles I emailed Mahle about uprated conn rods. However with this engine making gobs of torque down low, whos to say the crank won't be the next thing to go, or I won't snap a wrist pin off.

Do we know if the tuning software is advanced enough on this new platform to shift the torque up the RPM band? Hit peak at 2800 rpm or later?

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
I would be weary of the trans too, its only rated up to 1200 ft.lbs i think or something around that. It might be close to its limits with a compound set-up. And a new one hasnt officially hit the market even though "people" are working on it.

ID say this time next year would be the safest time to jump into the high HP 6.7 arena, if not sooner.

jdgleason

Reaction score
And I'm not opposed to blowing stuff up, I mean stuff does happen. However replacing the short block on my Subaru for $4k is way different than having to replace a windowed shortblock on my truck for $19k.

Plus there's rumours of a lack of availability of these engines.

For ****s and giggles I emailed Mahle about uprated conn rods. However with this engine making gobs of torque down low, whos to say the crank won't be the next thing to go, or I won't snap a wrist pin off.

Do we know if the tuning software is advanced enough on this new platform to shift the torque up the RPM band? Hit peak at 2800 rpm or later?
As for right now, I dont think any tuning has come that far. I think we should see some improvements there within the next few months as tuners get some seat time, and testing done.
I would be weary of the trans too, its only rated up to 1200 ft.lbs i think or something around that. It might be close to its limits with a compound set-up. And a new one hasnt officially hit the market even though "people" are working on it.

ID say this time next year would be the safest time to jump into the high HP 6.7 arena, if not sooner.

The trans should be good to ~1400 ft lbs as denoted by the 6R140. As I always understood it to be. Either way, I haven't seen or heard of any trans failures yet. We've got one in pieces, and should have some parts soon.

Latest posts

Members online