Replacing the pump in the hfcm

Jake

Reaction score
Where are yall getting your pumps from? My friends 6.4 has been having the random loss of power. Of course it did it two days in a row and I get up there yesterday and it runs perfect all day. Has about 6 psi of fuel pressure all the time. The only code that came up was fuel rail pressure to high. I am assuming its doing that when the pump goofs up. Everything looked good in ae signals from sensors were all acting as expected. So I am thinking about just putting a pump on it and need to find one. The truck has 160 k miles on it.

Sent by smoke signals

Jake

Reaction score
I think he is going to buy a new 6.7 later this year so I don't see that happening.

Sent by smoke signals

Jake

Reaction score
This is the first I have heard of a symptom if the hp going out. It will randomly do it and not always set a code. I figured the lp pump was worn and cutting out occasionally then when it would kick back in the sudden rush of supply pressure would make the hp system go over expected pressures. That has been the only code, and loss of power is the only symptom. How much is an hp pump?

Sent by smoke signals

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.