EPA shutting down the sales of Tuners?

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I read about it on another forum.. Is it true that H&S tuners are all back ordered because the EPA has shut down their production?? If so I may need to order one now even though I don't plan on tuning for awhile..... Yikes

Zmann

Reaction score
What I read is all the tuners( every maker) shipped with the capabilities of deleting emissions stuff labeled for OFF ROAD ONLY The EPA is now going after the Maker of the product even if a Liability waiver was signed by the purchaser

many companies now just ship a tuner that has no tunes or canned tunes that retain emissions the custom tune writers take it from there

as far as the H&S I don't now the particular deal

Zmann

Reaction score
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-diesel-discussion/226433-well-epa-got-sct-now.html

Here is what SCT decided to do

Our decision to discontinue these products is based on recent statements made by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) regarding diesel performance products intended solely for racing/off-road use. The EPA and CARB have taken the position that the manufacturer of such products is solely responsible for the proper use of those products by the end-user. Despite our best efforts to carefully develop and implement procedures designed to ensure that each purchaser of our off-road/race-only products is aware of his or her legal obligations and promises to use those products in a lawful manner, as of this time we have not been able to gain satisfactory assurance that such measures will be considered adequate by the EPA and CARB. Consequently, we have chosen to withdraw our off-road/race-only products from the marketplace until we are able to verify that the sale of those products can be achieved in a manner that satisfies EPA’s and CARB’s concerns.

We will continue to monitor developments with regard to applicable federal and state legal requirements. If and when we are able to re-introduce these products into the marketplace in a manner that definitively meets all EPA and CARB requirements, we will do so. In the meantime, we trust that you will understand the basis for our decision.

Thank you for your continued support.
Regards,

Rick Trudo, President - SCT Performance, LLC.

Last edited:

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Blackmaxx is on backorder due to some pieces needed to complete them. Good things come to those who wait though so be patient my little power hungry friends.

STROKER

Reaction score
I ordered a mini-maxx for a customer and it was backordered a week. I haven't heard anything on them being discontinued though

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Yeah as of right now it sounds like this stuff is mostly in the rumor stage. I hope it stays that way. Really there are a lot bigger issues in this country than diesels with power...

quicksilver11

Reaction score
Really there are a lot bigger issues in this country than diesels with power...

There are bigger issues but jackass kids going around blowing smoke on people is becoming a problem that is starting to piss off a lot of people. That old lady they smoked out might be a very outspoken person in the community and might attend all the city council meetings or possibly be on the city council herself. So now you have someone who is able to get the ball rolling on shutting down those "big nasty smoking trucks."

135Hoster

Reaction score
Part of the issue is people can actually SEE the black diesel smoke, and are so stupid and ignorant that they think that that one truck is solely responsible for all of the worlds environmental issues.

Screw all the noisy/tuned cars running around without cats, leaky exhaust manifolds, etc. because you can't see anything black and evil coming out of the tail pipe.

Attacking diesels is just an easy way for an agency to make itself seem relevant. Making more and more cars diesel, releasing various grades of diesel (In Canada we have one grade, and they don't openly state the cetane rating) would probably be better for the environment as it'd get rid of all these crap, inefficient gas jobbers on the road.

Why don't they do something about the freaking massive garbage islands in the oceans before they start ragging on about diesels. Or go plant some goddamn trees to offset any emissions a dpf-less truck may emit.

Zmann

Reaction score
Me also ,, I have 4 two stroke PWC's they banned them from Powell for a long time and the follow up testing showed no changes in the environmental impact

Abrannan19

Reaction score
Casey & Bentley at H&S told me they have no plans of discontinuing the option of deleting the dpf and they will continue to offer it, some other companies have chosen to stop. The black maxx is back ordered but production hasnt stopped on them, there are plenty of mini maxx's and XRT'S in stock.

Abrannan19

Reaction score
There is no difference between the mini Maxx to the black Maxx other then screen size. I started with.the mini but now have the black I like the bigger screen size.

Members online

No members online now.