Injection pump

Jake

Reaction score
What is the average price for a stock pump? And installation? Does the cab have to come off? How long ? it is on my buddies truck, p 0088 code that is intermitten with loss of power with it. Truck has 160 k miles on it.

Sent by smoke signals

Jake

Reaction score
Of yeah and recommendations for shops in north texas south oklahoma ?

Sent by smoke signals

BFT

Reaction score
Most shops range by the hour or the job. I'm sure someone will chime in and give you a heads up on a near by shop.
FWIW, you will need a bit more then just the pump (copper crush washers for the banjo bolts, up pipe to turbo gaskets, coolant if the ab comes off...Etc). It's a full day job at minimum. 2-3 hrs at most to pull the cab. 1-2 for removing turbos, fuel coolers and pump and probably installing new pump. Another 1-2hrs getting everything back on and what not. 2-3 hours to put the cab back down and top off fluids.
I don't know how much they charge out there, but in Cali it's $90-120 an hour for shop time minus parts. I guess you can say about 1k for labor at most, don't quote on that though.

Jake

Reaction score
All this makes me really like my 7.3....

I can't believe all this has to come off to change the pump out! oh well. I don't have a lift at the house so I don't even want to mess with it since it seems like to do anything more than change the oil on these the cab is coming off. I will call CED, They are all the way north OK that may be further than they want to go. They are basically on the Red river

jkidd_39

Reaction score
Did you have any injectors go down?

I don't know if it may be preventative. But Ford recommends that if you have 2 or more injectors go bad that you should replace all 8 a d the pump.

This may be something to look into. I've been hoping I have two injectors pop so I can get 8 new ones and a new pump on ford's dime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

BFT

Reaction score
All this makes me really like my 7.3....

I can't believe all this has to come off to change the pump out! oh well. I don't have a lift at the house so I don't even want to mess with it since it seems like to do anything more than change the oil on these the cab is coming off. I will call CED, They are all the way north OK that may be further than they want to go. They are basically on the Red river

The cab doesn't have to come off, I'm jut saying most places will.

Latest posts

Members online