check brake system nigtmare

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
trucks been in at the dealer for 3 weeks now, my problems started with U0073 communication code which i thought was caused by my bad dash daq or dash daq cable I replaced it with an H&S mini max cause i figured i might as well try something knew while fixing the problem.. its seems to have fixed my U code issues but did not fix my "check brake system" warning that appeared at the same time the U code showed up, dealer spoke with ford about what they advised an did a pin point test an came to the conclusion my instrument cluster needed replacing which they did to the tune of 800 bucks, an as i suspected it didnt fix my problem, now there telling me the may have to start pulling wiring harness's an things are likely to get really expensive. starting to get a little frustrated, ford says brake system is ok its just simply a wiring issue somewhere, has anyone had this issue before an what did you come up with? thanks

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Are there any brake codes?

Check all fuses...

Check the trailer brake controller connections and rear trailer connector.

Check master cylinder connections.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
check the big connector in the driver fenderwell that plugs into the abs module. ten bucks says its un plugged from the dealer tech reaching through there.

gambling209

Reaction score
does the check brake system happen when you start the truck and go away quickly? i had this going on in my truck. the fix for this was to replace the batteries. i had noticed the truck turning over ever so slower. new bats prob gone. no other codes at the same time.

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
im not sure about other codes..dealership got the truck they just say the warning is still coming up, cabs been off twice, by ford and a body shop last time was 30,000 miles ago. another interesting piece of information is that the truck has been doing this since new 58,000 miles ago.. it would flash "brake fluid resivor low" for just a split second..you could hardly read it in time, then it would flash "check brake system" an then it would go away..did this maybe twice a week..it has just now become a constant thing..Ill tell you what I aint paying for that cluster they put in..tearin into my dash an ****...probably gonna squeak an rattle now. anyways I tried messing with the connector at the brake fluid resivor. unplugged, plugged it back in, wiggled it, electrical grease etc.. nothing no change so the problem is probably somewhere else. trucks also been reflashed twice with 2 new ford files the were supposed to correct it...nothing

Dzchey21

Reaction score
im not sure about other codes..dealership got the truck they just say the warning is still coming up, cabs been off twice, by ford and a body shop last time was 30,000 miles ago. another interesting piece of information is that the truck has been doing this since new 58,000 miles ago.. it would flash "brake fluid resivor low" for just a split second..you could hardly read it in time, then it would flash "check brake system" an then it would go away..did this maybe twice a week..it has just now become a constant thing..Ill tell you what I aint paying for that cluster they put in..tearin into my dash an ****...probably gonna squeak an rattle now. anyways I tried messing with the connector at the brake fluid resivor. unplugged, plugged it back in, wiggled it, electrical grease etc.. nothing no change so the problem is probably somewhere else. trucks also been reflashed twice with 2 new ford files the were supposed to correct it...nothing

You need to check that brake reservoir sensor and make sure it's not bad. Ohm it out or just replace it. If you were getting thay before sounds like a good place to start.

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
Alright bud thanks for the help, I'm gonna roll over an talk to the tech about it an have a look at things again myself, let you know what I find..

tensixniner

Reaction score
There is a float in the brake fluid reservoir that sometimes gets stuck and throws the "brake fluid resivor low" message on the dash.
Contaminated brake fluid doesn't help.
Give the master cyl a couple whacks with a piece of lumber and it should go away for a while anyway.

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
dealers looking into it, cant believe that didnt already think to check the reservoir etc....

Latest posts

Members online