Hitch question

Marty

Reaction score
I'm looking for the most adjustqble, easy setup I can run.

I would like to be able to change height and ball size rapidly. Want it to be rated for 10k or so. I would also like to have it be a pintle style, but that is the least important.

I use mostly 2 5/16" and 2".

I bought this today but I don't like how long it takes to change ball sizes, height and it wasn't high enough for current trailer on a non lifted f250.
63057.jpg

p_17157.jpg

I was thinking this....
fyVMtP8A

Or

45900.jpg

The only issue is its not a pintle also, but then again i don't have a pintle hitch on any trailers i tow so I guess,its not a big deal. Just figured i would spend the 2-300 or whatever they cost on one hitch that will do it all as needed.

Thoughts???

Reaction score
i run the same one goose has, wouldnt buy anything else.they handle heavy weight and are super easy to use.just be sure to have it locked well.i had a locking pin and someone still managed to get my old turnover hitch.

Marty

Reaction score
I just bought a TS10048B

BWBLACKTRI.jpg

$199.00 Shipped

Pintle attachment can be bought seperately. Awesome. Last hitch I should have to buy minus a gooseneck which is going in this truck too.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Nice looking hitch. I've been wondering what I was going to do for a hitch with the Dmax now that its a bit... umm... taller... It looks like that might be the ticket for me and give me the flexibility that I want and need - and it comes in some pretty tall drop sizes - although I probably don't need anything as drastic as a 9" drop.

Marty

Reaction score
I went with the 8" hitch (it's actually 5" drop/tall). I tow a deck over and currently where the ball mounts on another hitch is 4" higher then the shank. So this should give me at least the height I need there and then also the drop if requred for my little boat trailer that uses a 1 7/8" ball. I like the fact that you can turn it around and it won't be such a shin killer/garage door buster.

Plus it has a pintle attachment. There is one size smaller drop wise but it's not even worth it money wise to get it. Anything more then a 5" drop and I'll never use it. I won't be towing with 10" lift lol. I run a stock height 250 or f350 when I'm towing.

Marty

Reaction score
LOL

I only have a stock receiver on the platinum. Someone stole my pulling receiver.

This is going on another truck.

skew12

Reaction score
My family has some good experience with B&W but I just don't like their prices. Though they're worth it. But I'm looking to put one on a truck that won't tow near enough to need a top end model.

Marty

Reaction score
I can relate.

At this point it's a business purchase and I will be towing customers trucks with it so the price is a little easier to deal with. I might even buy one of those super hitches.

Insurance is more expensive then that hitch each month. So I just look at it as "extra" insurance LOL

Goose

Reaction score
My family has some good experience with B&W but I just don't like their prices. Though they're worth it. But I'm looking to put one on a truck that won't tow near enough to need a top end model.

They aren't that expansive. Especially if you instal yourself. I think I only paid a little over $500 for my hitch installed.

Cody

Reaction score
Ive towed heavy with it and ive towed far with it and it never misses a beat, it also works good on my truck sitting on a 4" lift and 37s

attachment

attachment

Latest posts

Members online