need some exhaust help/twin turbos

Dzchey21

Reaction score
What are you guys with twin turbos doing for an exhaust system?

I've been planning things out and it looks like im going to have to run my exhaust outside the frame and then some how get it under the frame and hooked back into the factory system, i just want to see where, and how some of you guys are doing it so i can get some ideas.

I know on tadds drag truck it stays on the outside of the frame untill the bed and then the stack comes out of the bed on the far right side but that wont really work for me

Dzchey21

Reaction score
no hood stacks or fender exhaust i want it to run all the way out the back similar to stock

Chrisf97305

Reaction score
This is nothing like you have but if you run the pipe over the top of the coils and down the back of the fender under the cab then tword the rear of the cab up and over the frame. it will take some tight bends but it should fit.
Here is what I did with 4" pipe.
PA234724.JPG

This is just my thoughts.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
This is nothing like you have but if you run the pipe over the top of the coils and down the back of the fender under the cab then tword the rear of the cab up and over the frame. it will take some tight bends but it should fit.
Here is what I did with 4" pipe.
PA234724.JPG

This is just my thoughts.

This is pretty much what i was thinking but what did you do after the fender?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Here...this is how shawn did his on his dually tow truck...Post #103 has three pics. And inner wheel liner goes back in too, but i believe it has to be cut some.
http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87778&page=11

Thanks for posting thoughs, i wasnt going to search thru a thread i didnt know about for the pics, thats exactly where i was thinking about running the pipe the same place, my only problem is there is some more stuff on a 6.4 thats in the way but it might work, im def going to try and make it fit there.

Now on to the 6" air filter im gunna need

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, i dont think im going to have to hang mine that low but that gives me a good idea

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
chris' are running board exhaust pipes........if that helps you understand a tad more.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
so did you just flatten it a little right in that area?

Looks like i can get it in there that would be the best bet, how does it clear when the engine is torqued over hard

yes i flatend the pipe alittle for clearance. i havent started it yet. should be soon

Dzchey21

Reaction score
oh ok keep me posted please as this is the way i would really like to do my set up if i can

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Looks good thanks for the pics!! Bracket for the s480 is nasty looking, going to have to try and make something like that for mine, gonna have to support alot of weight

Members online

No members online now.