Best way and tips on removing motor.

charlie-2

Reaction score
Just like it says easiest best way to take a 6.4l out. And tips also thanks

MorganY

Reaction score
:whs:.... anything cab on, ask whitemonster. If you choose cab on I found it best to use one large strap in the back of the motor, followed by two smaller ones up front allowing you to control the pitch of the motor. that way the motor can lean forward quite a bit to clear the oil pan without having to lift the sucker way up and impale your firewall with the EGR up pipe in the back.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Im gunna attempt it in a week or so because my crew cab is already tying up my lift. Looks do-able might be easier to remove the turbos then give it a shot but km gunna try it fully dressed

MorganY

Reaction score
you should be able to get it out with the turbos on, maybe have to remove fuel cooler and extension 'u'tube on the high pressure..

MINK

Reaction score
Im gunna attempt it in a week or so because my crew cab is already tying up my lift. Looks do-able might be easier to remove the turbos then give it a shot but km gunna try it fully dressed

Let us know how that goes.

BFT

Reaction score
Pretty much just pull the whole front end off.
IC, radiator, coolers, core support, fan, fan shroud...etc.
IMO, I would pull the turbos so you don't fight it too much.

MorganY

Reaction score
turbos didnt get in the way when I re installed the 6.4 yesterday. What I did was bungie the passenger up pipe to the rear of the cab, along with the down pipe, and then reconnected the up pipe to the turbos upon re installation of the motor. pull the pass side up pipe during removal if you don't want to puncture the firewall. the EGR pipe was too hard to bungie and place back there, so I put the EGR delete block off plate on the pass side up pipe, I will drill and tap the plate and add tubing to retain the EBP sensor

MorganY

Reaction score
damn! I didn't even think of raising the cab at all! I definitely could've squeezed the EGR pipe back in and save myself from having to fab EBP tubing

Dzchey21

Reaction score
By the time everything us unhooked from the engine the cab us justa couple books away from coming off. After doing mine cab off boo way I would ever do it cab on

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online