Rigid Industries Dually D2 Mount and HID Question on 12 F350

Carter45

Reaction score
~New guy here. I have a 2012 F350
I have seen a bunch of people mount the 20' Ridid bar in the grille and heard of some people mounting the D2's or 4X4's in the factory fog light area. I would like to keep the factory fogs and I think for the price, the D2's will give me all the light I need instead of the $700 plus that the 20' is.

So here is the questions, has anyone mounted D2's in the same gap where they put the 20' bar? I have a tag frame bracket and I think they would look nice on each side of that tag frame. I assume I would have to fab up my own bracket because I don't see anything other than the bracket for the 20' on RI's website. Its the same area that the factory fogs are in some of the older trucks (7.3's I think)

Second question..... I am looking at picking up a Retro Solutions kit. I'm thinkin I'm going to go with the 35w kit seeing as a lot of folks with the 55w say they get flashed a lot. I dont wan't to be that guy so I think the 35 in a 6k will be plenty improvement from stock. I havn't contact Reto Solution directly yet and I guess I should but I was seeing if anyone had any experience with the 35w kit. Do I need a harness or are the relays not neccesary for the 35w kit? I plan on doing headlights and fogs.

Thanks for all the help and again sorry to be the noob here..... This is even my first Super Duty.

quicksilver11

Reaction score
Kit comes with a relayed harness. I've got the 55w retro 6k and ****ing love them. Haven't been flashed yet. Just adjust them properly and you'll be fine.

09stroker

Reaction score
I had to make my own brackets for the rigid lights.
3022f70a.jpg

Carter45

Reaction score
Is there a pretty big difference in the D'2 and the 4X4. from the few pictures I have seen it looks like I should deffinetely spend the extra money and get the D2s.

09stroker

Reaction score
Yes there is a huge difference. The D2's are twice as bright. I use the 4X4's for fogs if that tells you anything.

Spatel23

Reaction score
09Stroker...looks great!

Ive been toying with the idea of doing the same D2s in the factory fog location.

How did you mount them?
Do they throw light a good distance?

09stroker

Reaction score
Thanks man, a little late but I've been a little busy and had to wait for a sunny day to get anything more than a black blur with my phone lol.

79eb0764.jpg

This one shows the bar the D2's are mounted to which are besides my front license plate. Its just square tubing welded to a piece of flat iron.
5f8f14d1.jpg

8684af11.jpg

fe46ed9d.jpg

This shows the Dually's mounted where the factory fogs used to be on a piece of angle iron. You can also see the heat burn from the welds.

All the brackets are welded to the bumper brackets so they come off with the bumper.
3022f70a.jpg

That is the end result. I really need to touch up some of the paint back there lol

utlonghorns416

Reaction score
I bought this 24" one from m&r automotive and it was $375 plus shipping. Let me tell you it will blind you during the day time. Night time is insane!

Attachments

• 24%22 light bar.jpg
    24%22 light bar.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_0167.jpg
    DSC_0167.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 65
Last edited: