Isaac's Eff Tree-fiddy

Isaac3384

Reaction score
I was building a different project, but lost motivation since it wouldn't fit the family in it. I've decided to do some mods to my 04 F350 King Ranch FX4. First off, I'll be ordering an 8" lift for it in the next couple weeks. I went today and picked up some 37/12.50/16.5 Goodyear MTR military take offs. My buddy and I made the drive to OKC to pick up a total of 10 tires for $550...they're not the tires I want to run forever, but they'll get me by for now. I also have some cheap steel procomp rock crawler wheels on order, thanks to my girlfriend. After the lift is installed, I'm going to build a new tube rear bumper with a swing out spare mount similar to the old Broncos. It will be completely repainted a deep brandy wine burgundy with black bumpers and grill. One-off steps will also be built for it. The tailgate handle will be relocated, and the tops of the tailgate and bed will be reworked in sheet metal. Most of this should take place over the next year... Hopefully...lol. I'm also planning on performing some performance mods, but I'm still doing some research on what all is available for the 6.0.

a6cd089d-5411-49c4.jpg

a6cd089d-53f2-3fd4.jpg

a6cd089d-5400-e9c4.jpg

I'll get some more pics up as progress is made...any recommendations are always welcomed...

Isaac3384

Reaction score
There's a guy that lists them on Craigslist...they're in pretty good shape, and the price is right...pm me if you want his number

Isaac3384

Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't afford to buy a quality kit at this point in time...by quality kit, I'm talking about a kit that rides decent. I thought I had found a Fabtech 8" kit for around $500, but I cross referenced the part number listed and found out that it's only the drop brackets for the track bar, the steering, and some other misc. pieces. I'm going with the Rough Country kit for now, but eventually will upgrade (at least the front) to a 4 link and coil overs. I have a couple friends that are bada$$es when it comes to fabrication and welding, so it shouldn't be a big deal for them. They are actually building a mini truck that is scheduled to be complete at SEMA this year and in Mini Truckin Magazine's booth.

I'm also considering buying a kit for stacks... Now, before y'all start judging me, I don't want to run them up through the bed floor. I'd like to run them straight out the back and have them turn down just in front of the back bumper, and powder coat them black. My buddy has some that I can use for mock up to see how bad they will stick down before I make my final decision, but I'd also like to know what y'all think about this...

Isaac3384

Reaction score
I didn't even see those two posts... Sorry guys... This truck is an 04, it came from the factory with 16s (I believe). The wheels that are on it are from a later model (I believe an 05 or 06). The 05 front grill is a tad bit taller, and the cross bars in the grill are a little taller and more boxy. I wish it was an 05, then I wouldn't be stuck with a leaf spring front end...lol

Isaac3384

Reaction score
Just a little update, I've been calling around to a few places, and Ryan Alford of Ryan's Sheet Metal Design is going to fab up some sheet metal replacement top rails for my bed sides so I can get rid of the nasty plastic pieces... Each side will be two pieces since he only has a 4' brake, but he will also be putting a bead roll on what will be the top of the bed side. I'll be ordering my lift within the next week, but I'm still waiting on my wheels. Also, I've picked up some 1.5" tubing that will be used for the rear bumper/spare mount. We'll be starting on it as soon as my wheels are in, an will be building it to accept up to a 42" tire...just in case... :)
We'll also be recessing some KC Hilites in the bumper. I'll also be ordering a tailgate skin from Grant Kustoms and handle relocator kit to clean things up a little in the rear. I want this to be a clean, yet aggressive looking truck.

K_Hood

Reaction score
are you going to be selling the factory wheels that are on your truck right now? (ones in the picture on the truck in the first post, if you already took them off)

Isaac3384

Reaction score
I haven't decided yet...id like to keep the stuff to put it back to stock, but I don't have to keep these wheels/tires... If someone offered me some money with their wheels/tires in trade I would consider it... The tires are Toyo open country a/t with about 50-60% tread left. I can get the exact size when i get home...

Isaac3384

Reaction score
Well, the wheels are officially in! They are ProComp Rock Crawlers 16.5"x9.75" with 4.5" back spacing. I picked them up a couple hours ago from 4 wheel parts in Dallas. The only thing I'm lacking is a couple hundred dollars for ordering my lift. Hopefully I'll have it on by the time the Terrell Jubilee comes around. Granted, it's not a big show, it's just fun. Plus, I'm sure Shannon, the kids and I will be there anyways, so why not have close parking, right?? Lol

a6cd09ba-e31a-9a8e.jpg

a6cd09ba-e365-b157.jpg

Isaac3384

Reaction score
Last night I met up with BK39 and bought his 8" Fabtech lift kit. I'll be installing this next weekend! Fortunately, I have some 3/4" heims joints and weld in bungs, so as soon as I can find the pipe it fits in, I'll be building some traction bars, since the rear is going to be all blocks (which I don't really trust).

a6cd08d3-6f39-74cb.jpg

a6cd08d3-6f4a-3927.jpg

Thanks again BK39, and it was good to meet ya!

Isaac3384

Reaction score
a6934d6c-fbab-4e1b.jpg

Tires are mounted and balanced...everything is lined up for tomorrows install!!!

K_Hood

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing it complete! I wish I still lived in Texas, I would definitely see about picking up your factory wheels. I always loved those 18's on our body style trucks.

Latest posts

Members online