Sound Deadners

jwlandry

Reaction score
How much does it take to do the floor, back of cab, firewall, and all 4 doors on a superduty?? Also which kind is the best bang for the buck? Gonna be tackling this in the near future.

AKHILF

Reaction score
It depends are you going to do the inner door skin and the outer skin? It all depends on how much you want to cover. I did my whole truck inside and out of the doors roof floor back wall with around 75% coverage and have around 100 sq ft you can get a lot more if you want. I think unbroken has over 200 sq ft. I would for sure recommend doing the inner and outer of the doors and also the roof and behind all the pillars and back wall. I did it for audio purposes but after doing it on this truck i'd even do it on a stock truck.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Lizard skin, fat mat are 2 pretty good ones... A few years ago I used some stuff from McCmaster Carr which was like the plain jane dyno mat the asphalt bases stuff and it was super cheap compared to the other brands it worked great but you had to use a lot of it to get it to work as well as some of the nicer products out

jdc753

Reaction score
This reminds me, I wrote something up a while back on product selection that I need to finalize and post.

I think rough estimate is 100ft^2 to do everything. Many will argue all you need is 25% coverage so you could cut down the square footage depending on your budget. Quite honestly I love Second Skin products however I have to contend that I now believe the best bang for the buck product out there is the newly improved RaamMatt BXT II, http://www.raamaudio.com/products/RAAMmat-BXT-II.html

AKHILF

Reaction score
I was also going to say RaamMatt, that's what I was going to go with but shipping cost way to much to get it to alaska so I went with the dynamat extreme. I got it for a for a good deal though and got it the day I wanted it so it was worth it to me.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I used to layers of dynamat on the inner and outer doors along with the pillars, back wall and firewall, q layer on the floor, probably overkill but there barely any road noise even with my 37s