Can someone with an 02-03 do me a favor?

Austin

Reaction score
It would be much easier if you didn't have gauges installed either.

Pop out your D/S A pillar and snap a few pictures of it. I want to install my gauges but the pod I have refuses to fit over the factory one. I spoke with the the gauge company and we verified that I had the correct pod for the year, nothing looks wrong with it either. He told me he would talk to the manufacture but I am wondering if the previous owner swapped out his pillars out of an 05 or something.

P.S this truck has grab handles on it as well, I don't know if that changes anything though.

David N

Reaction score
The driver side has a grab handle? Mine is an 02 Lariat, and it didn't have the handle. Is it the wires that aren't letting it sit down where its supposed to? I did have to cut a hole in the pillar, and run the wires through it, into the pod. Hope this helps.

Austin

Reaction score
I never installed one gauge, opened the box, took out the pillar and tested fitment. No go.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i havent been in a 03 and down that had the grab handle on the drivers side. you might take a pic of the pillar and email it to the company so they can see what your talking about. or we can see, for that matter. take one of the pillar, and one of you holding up the pod against it, so we can see your issue.

KPSquared

Reaction score
Our farm truck is a 2000 and has a handle on the drivers side. I'll take a pic of it and my dad's '99. Mines already got gauges so that's not gonna help, but I had to cut the crap out of the pillar to get the gauges in.

Austin

Reaction score
59.jpg

2011-05-27_12-18-07_616.jpg

2011-05-27_12-16-58_40.jpg

These pictures were all taken while trying to line them up, I was putting decent force on it too.

If I really, really try I can get them to sort of go together but it deforms the shape of the pods and there is no way they would stay together.

I might have to just cut the crap out of one.

bigcountrysg

Reaction score
That pod is not for your truck. I would call the company and inform them they sent you the wrong pod and ask for an exchange.

Atsah

Reaction score
They didn't put the handle's on before 03.. They did have the threaded studs behind the pillar though.. I had an 02 and I put an oem handle on it.. The handle came with plugs for the holes..

Members online

No members online now.