EGR Delete

Jhaddox

Reaction score
For the most part my buddies 6.7 delete we did was pretty straight forward...biggest pita to me honestly was getting the clamp off of the lower coolant hose that connects to the egr system on the passenger side and finding something that would reach to open the passengers side drain valve for the rad...drivers side one is a cake walk they take forever to drain though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jhaddox

Reaction score
And if you don't have directions h&s has full step by step directions on their website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Keep us updated with pics I want to see how much it opens up the engine which the big azz egr system removed

I'm just running block off plates so I only removed 1 pipe and it still looks stock and runs great

Dieselfarmer

Reaction score
When the instructions tell you to drain the coolant, do it. If it is a brand new truck, get a very very clean bucket to drain into and you can re-use it. Its pretty staight forward shouldnt take more than 2 hours

Chris

Reaction score
If you have a buddy, the coolant hose on the passenger side isnt too bad if someone is pulling on the hose from the top and someone uses some really long handled needle nose pliers from the bottom. Otherwise its pretty straight forward. There is a bolt/stud on the back of the cooler that they say to take out that you can only get small turns out of at a time and if its like mine its tight the entire way out. good news is you dont have to remove it because the bracket it holds is slotted so once you get it loose the bracket will slide off. itll be a couple hours tops. as mentioned above if the truck is fairly new, id just save the coolant in a clean bucket.