Jeep project

java

Reaction score
Well my dad, brother and I just got a 1984 cj7 for a project fixer upper. It's already got a lift and tires and a Chevy 350 in it but it has little rust spots and the wiring is a mess. Lol the plan so far is to get rid of all the chrome, get black front and rear off road bumpers, LED lightbar across the roof, fix the rust and paint it grey so it matches our trucks. After that we are going to pull the motor and rebuild it with some "stronger" parts and some go fast goodies. After that we should have a nice beach cruiser. Here are some pics of how it is now.

e04a89e4.jpg

cdf63817.jpg

9f07cd0c.jpg

3bd2e5b9.jpg

Show me your projects, I'd love to get some more ideas for mine.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Well my dad, brother and I just got a 1984 cj7 for a project fixer upper. It's already got a lift and tires and a Chevy 350 in it but it has little rust spots and the wiring is a mess. Lol the plan so far is to get rid of all the chrome, get black front and rear off road bumpers, LED lightbar across the roof, fix the rust and paint it grey so it matches our trucks. After that we are going to pull the motor and rebuild it with some "stronger" parts and some go fast goodies. After that we should have a nice beach cruiser. Here are some pics of how it is now.

e04a89e4.jpg

cdf63817.jpg

9f07cd0c.jpg

3bd2e5b9.jpg

Show me your projects, I'd love to get some more ideas for mine.

I had one of those years ago, it was baby blue and a sweet weekend rig...that'll be a fun project for sure! That wiring is a mess though..can't wait to see the updates on it

907DAVE

Reaction score
Reminds me of this custom auto start install in a DMax the other day....

Photo0251.jpg

java

Reaction score
Lol sometimes I don't know what people are thinking when they wire stuff.

java

Reaction score
We bought it from a winter Texan from Canada.. lol Buy Troys jeep.

java

Reaction score
Nice project!

Is that your sprayer in the background? What model?

Yessir it is. Like my brother (09stroker) said its a 4730. I love driving it compared to our old 6500 haha

Rj, there will be lots of beer drank during this build. Lol

Atsah

Reaction score
Nice Jeep.. I just bought two of them myself.. I have had a bunch of them over the years..

Attachments

• 002 (2).JPG
    002 (2).JPG
    1 MB · Views: 31
  • 2002 Sahara.JPG
    2002 Sahara.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 36

java

Reaction score
I think jeeps are an addiction just like superdutys lol sweet jeeps by the way.

Atsah

Reaction score
Thanks.. Yup they are an addiction for sure.. I'm welding up a brushbar with a winch mount so I can mount the Warn 9.5 I just bought for it.. It's going out Friday for powdercoating.. I'll post pics when I mount it.. We have thousands of miles of dirt roads up here and I can't wait to go Moose watching with the Wrangler.. The Quadra Trac 2 system in the Commander is unreal the way it works.. Very similar to a Range Rover system..

Last edited: