Some questions about my 2012...

BFinMO

Reaction score
After many threads and videos on the tube I seems to have some 'different' stuff on my truck that leave me with questions compared to the others I've seen out there.

The poly oil pan... After all the hype about the awesome one turn drain plug in the poly oil pan I was curious to find my pan is steel with a traditional plug. Was this something they changed from 2011 to '12? And if so anyone know why?

And...Why did they do away with the fined rear diff cover? Or did they not and for some reason mine still has the traditional pan.? I replaced my 6.0 truck with one because it just had that cool factor.

Just food for thought.? :shrug:

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I believe some of the 2012's had the plastic oil pan and some don't. I would guess the early 12's did until Ford ran out of them. With the diff cover my 11' has a finned one but others don't, but mine is a job one so I am guessing the same thing. I would image Ford changed to make things cheaper on their side.

quicksilver11

Reaction score
I've got the poly oil pan on my '11. I think I've got the finned cover as well but can't remember.

HoustonRider

Reaction score
theres not a finned cover on the rear of the 11 or 12 (that I have seen), not one on my 11, built in 03/11. Maybe its just on the 350's...

Far as Im aware the oil pans are both the poly cover with the half turn yellow drain plug. The poly is for noise reduction properties for the 6.7

The only silver (raw) stamped pan with a regular drain plug is the tranny pan, you can't miss it, but its easy to not see the new black poly pan on the 11-12 trucks. I'd be surprised if they put a steel pan on the 12's..

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
Yes they switched to what you have for the newest trucks. I hate the drain plug on the new ones it shoots out like 4 feet strait back causing a big mess, ask me how i know.lol

Latest posts

Members online