Ran the 1/4 mile today... Spartan Tuned

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
So we ran my dads truck today at the 1/4 mile. We only ran twice and on the spartan 165 both times. Here's why... The EGTs hit 1450 right when we got to the 1/8 mile so we let off out of protection for the motor. When you let off the truck made a loud whooshing noise like a window was down.. Was this the waste gate? It wasn't a bad sound, just a loud wind/turbo sound.. And after letting off completely at the 1/8th marker it rolled by with a 16 second flat 1/4 run. Anyways was that noise/EGT climb normal?

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
on edit-i thought this was in the 6.4 section. sorry bout that

but 1450 isnt too awful on EGT. whoosh sound was prob just air coming back out the intake.

Last edited:

WoodBoy

Reaction score
You should have held in it, these newer motors are more heat tolerant. Your egts would have started coming back down Im sure

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
It ran a 10.00.. not entirely positive he let off at the 8th marker. I think it should have been faster then that considering most guys on that tune run 14.0-14.2 in the 1/4... The truck really just felt like it didnt want to be racing lol... it was a spur of the moment thing and he wasnt really after fast times or anything.

Latest posts

Members online