Sealer on fuel line fittings

Big Bore

Reaction score
I have a custom milled billet fuel distribution manifold I'm using for a fuel bowl delete that is tapped for IP thread. I'm planning to use Rectorseal gas pipe sealer for the threads. I used it before on my other motor with no noticeable side affects. Any better options or reasons why I shouldn't use Rectorseal?

Tom S

Reaction score
I also use Rectorseal the kind that is yellow and fuel rated. I like that a ton better then teflon tape which turns gooey in time.

Austin

Reaction score
Rectorseal is good, the only thing I have ever found that I liked more is the "heavy weight" it's got a boxing glove on it. I haven't been able to find it for a few years now though.

Marty

Reaction score
Why not use a JIC block and forget any sealing issues since the flare takes care of all?

Big Bore

Reaction score
Why not use a JIC block and forget any sealing issues since the flare takes care of all?

Thats the way the block came when I bought it. My fittings are IP to JIC. Once the fittings are installed where I want them, they will stay there and only the lines will be removed if needed.

Bruno2

Reaction score
I would use loctite 545. Ask any boilermaker what the best sealant for high pressure or hydraulic lines is and thats what they will tell you.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.