H&S Trouble

Chris1976

Reaction score
I bought the unlock code today to switch my mini max to my new truck. I went to H&S web site and updated my mini SD card. Loaded the card into the mini max and plugged it into the truck, turned the key on and the mini max did not come on like it did in my 11 but it will come on if I flip the switch on the plug. Dont understand this? So I started the download and followed directions all the way through. When it was complete I went to the tire size and changed it and then disabled the tire pressure sensors. Then I started the truck and immediately got a check engine light, service advance trac warning and code P1635. so i reinstalled it all again to see if that would help with no luck. Both times trying to clear the faults with no luck. Then I returned the truck back to stock, and still getting the same faults and still will not clear off using mini max. Does anyone have any idea what I can try next or know what is wrong? Also would it be safe to drive it like this?

Thanks for the help in advance!!!

torqueshift

Reaction score
Corporal Chris...if no one has an answers here, go to H&S's forum and an H&S tech will help you straighten things out...they're very helpful.

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
What tire size did you input?

There should be restrictions in the firmware that do not allow outside of a 31-34" threshold.

I do remember we had one test version that got leaked out. It allows calibration outside of these ranges, and WILL throw codes. If in doubt, please set tire size to 32" size, then drive the truck for a few drive cycles. That particular "tire/axle out of range" diagnostic process has a pretty high timer for a "pass" flag, so it can take up to a few days of driving for it to clear.

We are working on a "limitless" solution for the future that will allow much more adjustment range for tire size. You will NOT do any damage driving the truck with the P1635 code set. Let us know if we can further assist you.

888-628-1730

H&S Performance

Chris1976

Reaction score
Thanks!

Im taking some time off tomorrow to call and try and get it straightened out.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I am and I did change my tire size to a 35" tire and it threw the check engine light and service advance track warning

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I wonder if I can take the truck back to stock and clear the codes and re download the update and set the the mini max back to default settings and then leave the tire adjustment alone

Chris1976

Reaction score
Just got off of the phone with H&S and they said it isnt a problem with there tunes or tuner i need to take it to Ford. IDK.... i guess im going to Ford.

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
Did you change the tire size outside of a 31-34" range? The code you are throwing is specific to tire size or axle ratio being out of range. You didn't change axle ratio (we don't have that option yet), so I assume tire size is causing it.

Let us know what you have your tire size adjusted to right now so we can further help you. If in doubt, re-set tire size to 32", then drive the truck for a few drive cycles.

Returning tuning to stock does NOT return tire size back to stock as well. You need to manually change tire size to within the factory specifications.

Thanks

H&S

Chris1976

Reaction score
I loaded the green card and reset my tire size to 32" and it cleared everything up. Thanks again for the help!

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Set back to 32 as you explained to do

I get the service advance trac

And the check engine light is on and pulling codes from h&s say P1635 code

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333376755.135531.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333376755.135531.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 60
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333376773.135538.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333376773.135538.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 66

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
Set back to 32 as you explained to do

I get the service advance trac

And the check engine light is on and pulling codes from h&s say P1635 code

That code should eventually go away once tire size is back within specified range. There could be the possibility that the tire size message did not get accepted by the truck. The tire size adjustment is done in the ABS module. Try sending the signal again. IIRC, the stabilitrack message will go away immediately but the 1635 code will take a few drive cycles to heal itself.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
That code should eventually go away once tire size is back within specified range. There could be the possibility that the tire size message did not get accepted by the truck. The tire size adjustment is done in the ABS module. Try sending the signal again. IIRC, the stabilitrack message will go away immediately but the 1635 code will take a few drive cycles to heal itself.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Thanks Bentley that's exactly what happened it didn't accept it the 1st time reset it again and everything is back to normal

Thanks for your help

Chris1976

Reaction score
What can we set our tire size to that will not throw all of these codes? I have 35's and it is throwing my speedometer off, and 40 miles per tank difference on the odometer.