Pissed! bad door rattle..

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
Over the past 10,000 miles I have picked up a gnarly rattle in my driver door and my passenger door is starting to do the same, form what I can tell its being caused by the plastic door panel being loose on the back edge or seem and slapping against the door....which is starting to rub the paint off. anyone else have this problem? any recommendations on how to fix it or take the door panel off to have a look?

BFT

Reaction score
the tools you will need is a thin flat head screw driver, 1/4" ratchet, a small extension (4"), 7mm socket or 9/32 will do too.

1)gently pry the cover where your windows and locking functions are. should pop up farely easy. unplug everything and set to the side.
same with your side mirror cover and functions.
betospics033.jpg

betospics034.jpg

betospics035.jpg

betospics036.jpg

2) remove this cover plate as well, should pull out pretty easy.
betospics039.jpg

betospics040.jpg

3) there are 4, 7mm, screws holding the door panel on.there is a small cover plate on the upper screws put you can pop that off with the flathead screwdriver.
remove them and put them in a safe place so you dont lose them.
betospics037.jpg

betospics038.jpg

betospics044.jpg

4) pull the panel up and make sure all is cleared (door handle and lock button. make sure wiring is clear too.
betospics041.jpg

betospics042.jpg

5) everything should pop back into place. make sure when you are putting the door panel back on the door handle and lock button go in their spots. also make sure the wiring is through their areas so you dont have do dig them out.
you'll notice there are small hooks on the door panels where they will slide down on the door. make sure you dont break those.

and youre done
betospics045.jpg

edit:check and make sure the speaker is on tight as well. they are 4, 7mm screws
betospics043.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online