Swapping in a 6.4L?

Viking

Reaction score
So has anyone swapped a 6.4 into older super duty body's? I would love to finally start, but hope i'm not getting in too deep not knowing it is almost an insurmountable task.

Viking

Reaction score
Im hoping to find it possible to be able to swap in a 6.4l in the place of a 7.3 in my 03. I have found affordable 6.4 motors on car-part that I could build on the side. I just hope the dimensions come out so that it can be done. I'd even look into keeping the 4r100 because of a BTS tranny.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I know last week I was at Elite diesels shop ad they were getting ready to do it on a couple trucks and they said it isn't to bad to do. Id like to do the same thing

Chrisf97305

Reaction score
I think that putting a 6.4 in a OBS would be a better choice. getting it to fit would be the easy part. getting it to run is a nother story.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Wiring it is going to be a nightmare. Fcdp did a 6.4 swap into a 150 they had to use the entire harness from the donor truck.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
You should be able to get everything from ford. Get a manual truck setup if you are going to use the 4r

Sent from my Nexus powered by East Coast Air

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Complete truck wire harness will be needed. And you will still have quite alot of manual wiring to do. ESP if you want your accessories like cruise, etc to work.

I have been looking into this and am currently looking for a wrecked truck for parts. If I find one before it is time yo put the motor back in my 03, I will be attempting this.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I think that putting a 6.4 in a OBS would be a better choice. getting it to fit would be the easy part. getting it to run is a nother story.

I agree. Its been on my to-do list and I think over winter I will be yarding the engine out of the not-so-race truck and undertake it.

Viking

Reaction score
I just need to find a donor truck now. Gunna be tough finding a manual truck totalled.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I don't think it can be done in an obs, because of clearance issues. I said something about it at elite and that's how they replied to a 6.4 in an obs. I wonder what the price differance is between say a cummins and a 6.4 swap to make them both around 700 hp

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I don't think it can be done in an obs, because of clearance issues. I said something about it at elite and that's how they replied to a 6.4 in an obs. I wonder what the price differance is between say a cummins and a 6.4 swap to make them both around 700 hp

Clearence of what, Clarence?

Members online

No members online now.