Exhaust help!

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Does anyone know an online shop that sells a T409 SS 5" MBRP exhaust WITH muffler? I found the AL style with muffler but I can't seem to find a SS kit that includes one....

Chris

Reaction score
MBRP doesnt offer the stainless w/ a muffler. The 5 inch straight pipe is actually very mellow in the cab. you can hear it when youre on the gas pretty hard, but at cruising there is absolutely no drone. in fact i think in the cab theyre slightly quieter w/o the muffler as opposed to with the muffler. the muffler deflects some of the sound back towards the cab. if you are dead set on a muffler and stainless exhaust, i would set you up with the c6280slm and then a 5 inch muffler that could have to be cut in to the exhaust. this is assuming you want a downpipe back exhaust. i run the s6280plm on my 6.7 and like it. the aluminized finish holds up very well, in fact itll most likely outlast the truck. if you live where you have to drive on salted roads or if you go to the beach often, id recommend the stainless. let me know if I can help.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
alright man ill take your word for it. I live in Austin Texas, so no beaches or salted roads anywhere around here! Hmmm... for some reason I am inclined to go the SS no muffler, Im sure the aluminum holds up fine, but i like the idea of solid stainless better. If it were too loud down the road can you simply add a muffler?

Chris

Reaction score
yeah, a muffler could be added down the road if it was too loud. Im in San Antonio, if you are ever down this way you could take mine for a spin and see what you thought before you pulled the trigger.

90% of the systems we do on the 6.7s arent mufflered and we havent had any noise complaints. i agree, id go stainless as well. its worth the extra $$.

Jesse@MBRP

Reaction score
Chris is telling the truth. The difference in DB between the two systems didn't merit offering two different kits. So the PLM and SLM offerings were what we went to market with. Essentially it was to save our customers a couple bucks of cash they didn't NEED to spend.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
okay sounds good. Ill just trust you guys and run the SS kit without a muffler. I heard there is some power loss with a 5" setup, is that true?

Chris

Reaction score
pm sent.

i saw no power loss with a 5. that coupled with the h&s actually GREATLY improved low end response.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
The stainless exhaust will eventually develop "rust freckles" opposed to the aluminized correct?

augustus89

Reaction score
A buddy of mine installed the stainless 5" filter back on his 6.7 about two months ago after maybe 2,000 miles max, his has already discolored and has a gold tint. The same thing happened to me a couple years back when I put a stainless tip on my old truck. I'm sure running the truck deleted will drop the exhaust temps compared to the "filter back"and maybe you won't get that heat discoloration. I'm just going to use aluminized lol cheap and easy...

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Blake. It's a tough call, I'm 3,000 miles away from making the decision but I like to have a plan lol it will probably come down to the day when I actually order it... Also as far as your buddys goes on the filter back, you know when the truck says "cleaning exhaust filter" that it heats up that system to like 1500 degrees lol... So
I would imagine that filter back gets pretty toasty with the emissions stuff burning out all of the contaminants.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I still haven't made up my mind... lol.. I am now considering running a silver line SS muffler on a SS 5" MBRP setup

Strictlysmoke

Reaction score
i'm thinking about buying the 5" mbrp exhaust, but i am having problems deciding on a system with or without a muffler myself. i want something that sounds nice but since i drive long distances i dont want a drone while cruising. plus i dont want it too loud in the back of the truck bed do to my 3 dogs. any suggestions on what muffler or straight pipe ? anyone have any video they can post with a muffler ?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Sounds awesome, no drone at all. You can barley even hear it in the cab with the windows up cruising speed. Has a nice sound with the windows down putting around town and sounds mean when you get on it.

Latest posts

Members online