How Much HP Possible?

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Looks like from 350-492hp. My opinion on it is- I would look into the supporting mods on each of the setups using the same size injectors. No two trucks will put out the same hp with the same injector if nothing else is the same....... And some peoples dynos just put out different numbers than everyone else's..........

TARM

Reaction score
Sometimes there's a VERY big difference between what a dyno reads and what that truck actually makes for power. I do not think there is any doubt about that

Gearhead

Reaction score
It depends on the truck and the charger really.... if you aren't seeing a bunch of drive pressure then 450, if you are running the stock charger 400 if you are lucky.

Bruno2

Reaction score
I am running the D66 turbo. Something is keeping me from making more power. I still have the stock 15. I just cant see the oil making another 50-60 hp though.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
400 average, some dynos are stingy and some overgenerous.

Looks like from 350-492hp. My opinion on it is- I would look into the supporting mods on each of the setups using the same size injectors. No two trucks will put out the same hp with the same injector if nothing else is the same....... And some peoples dynos just put out different numbers than everyone else's..........

what they said, beans told me my set up was there basic 440hp package and that they had numerous trucks running the exact thing and made from 420hp to 450hp..... we live tuned mine on the dyno. they said mine was a freak and had no idea why it made 40-50 more hp than the others....

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
they even called casserly and asked what the magic nut juice is that they used on my injectors, it was funny i heard the phone conversation! cass even thought he messed up and gave me 238s but the tunning was consistent as every other stage2 setup..... like i said not probable, but possible!!!

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
Didn't you guysbhave a flow sheet on them? If so didnthey flow anything outside the norm? I would think any magic would end up showing in the flow data as if you are talking about a typical nozzle the flow/time should tell the tale would it not? Unless there is something different about your motor. Maybe the cam installed with degree advanced a bit more? It would be interesting to see what those injectors flow compared to the standard.

TARM

Reaction score
Then it has to be something else. I know the degree you install a cam in can effect the power in carbed big block gassers but no experience at all with its effect in these diesels. But Matt has mentioned it to me briefly.