Thankyou button

johnday

Reaction score
Barton City Michigan, under a rock or log, where t
I'm on a few other VBulletin sites that offer a thankyou button, attached to the posts. I always thought it a good idea in that a person could acknowledge a useful or humourous, or whatever post, when they really had nothing to add to it. Sort of a way to say, "I like or agree with what you said". Many times I read a post I like, but no way to acknowledge the poster. Also, on the upper right info area, they have a, Thanked[how many times], and a gave Thanks[how many times]
What say guys?:)

johnday

Reaction score
Post count = google rankings.

Thank you button = lower post count.

Post whore!!!!!LOL:poke:
Ya, I didn't think of that. Maybe the number of thanks you give could be added to your post count? I don't, for one, post to drive my count up, I'm lazy, and many times I post basically to acknowledge whoever posted to me, sort of a courtesy thing.;) Hope I said that right.

johnday

Reaction score
Thank you button = massive gayness.

:whs: thank you.

I guess it all depends on your outlook.
By the way, until only recently, gay meant happy, until the meaning was bastardized by the alternative life stylers, I could go on, but suffice it to say, I see nothing gay about any of my posts thankyou.

Rustler

Reaction score
As you stated there are plenty of other sites that use thanks buttons post scores feedback rankings and other silly worthless junk.

It is a shame there are people out there leading such a bleak existence that they have a need to receive recognition or get a sense of status from an interweb forum.
Post whores and other attention seekers are flat just sad.

If something as meaningless as my opinion of a thanks button hit a chord you should try something new, like getting a life or remove the panties you currently wear and install some mens undergarments.

johnday

Reaction score
As you stated there are plenty of other sites that use thanks buttons post scores feedback rankings and other silly worthless junk.

It is a shame there are people out there leading such a bleak existence that they have a need to receive recognition or get a sense of status from an interweb forum.
Post whores and other attention seekers are flat just sad.

If something as meaningless as my opinion of a thanks button hit a chord you should try something new, like getting a life or remove the panties you currently wear and install some mens undergarments.

If you had any sort of comprehension, you would have understood it's merely a courtesy thing. Obviously your too young to have those attributes, the comprehension and common courtesy, both.
If you chose to not say thankyou, that's up to you, but some people are a bit more considerate of others, especially when the other person offers a bit of advice that may be helpful.
Your opinion was more than welcome, it was the misuse of a word that some may find offensive. I'm an old guy, and not really versed very well in newspeak. Gay, that is, in the context it was used, in most of of the population would be considered derogatory.

Last edited:

Rustler

Reaction score
I am an old guy also, sometimes my naturally brusque demeanor offends others.

My comment "Thank you button = massive gayness" was meant in a derogatory manner.
If you had the slightest wisp of common courtesy you would know it is proper and more meaningful to simply type out a post or PM saying "Thanks", "Thanks for the info" or "I appreciate your input" or "good post", "x2", "Yep" etc.

To me clicking a thanks button is lazy and thoughtless, border line rude. All it shows is some would never waste their time to actually thank someone for their input unless there was a gayassed button to click.

Thanks, have a good evening.

Last edited: