First 7.3 at 800 on fuel!

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Yeah you read that right, and it was on a 38r too!
LOLLOLLOL

Had a guy email me wanting to buy some parts. He proceeded to tell me that 17* pumps are garbage and a built 15* will do it all. Also was saying his 38r w/ 1.0 housing and stage 3 injectors just made 800hp with a stealth pump, i was very impressed. He doesnt know who built his transmission, it might be stock but it still holds fine according to him. Oh and its DpTuners hard work and 1000+ hours of live tuning that have him where he is today. Man i need to change up my goals and go back to a 38r.
Here is a little clip from my email

i all that but a built 15* is a lot better that having 17*.

why you going to put two pumps on for ? my truck 800hp 1500lb. my brothers 1200hp sled puller and we have one hpop. do what you want but two hpop is not always the answer running the biggest injector is not the answer. tell you what i''ll tell you what i have to make 800hp my truck has
sage 3 injector stealth two pump, 38r with 1.0 exhaust, intake y alot of tuning is where it at i have over 1000 hour's test and tuning getting a lot of help from the guys at dptuners

Thank you Jonathan Steele for this mornings entertainment

David S.

Reaction score
Might as well send him a link to this forum and tell him to start reading

Big Bore

Reaction score
I love those guys. Guy told me he downloaded a tune off the internet from International that gave his 7.3 400hp/600tqLOL. Another time a kid with a first gen Dodge told me he had turned up his pump and had 700hp. After I spanked him I told him I was under 500. Look on his face was priceless.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
yeah no kidding, apparently he is huge in the sled pulling world. I didnt know "big time" sled pulling and 38r went in the same sentence...

His injectors are "260+ cc bcodes with 7 hole nozzles"

TARM

Reaction score
yeah no kidding, apparently he is huge in the sled pulling world. I didnt know "big time" sled pulling and 38r went in the same sentence...

His injectors are "260+ cc bcodes with 7 hole nozzles"

Maybe big time in the "Run What You Brung Pulls" at the local county fair!?!

TARM

Reaction score
You guys are kill'n me. Here I ws think'n Charles' truck had actually ran right for the very first time in its life and he pulled down 800 on the rollers LOL

Homesteader

Reaction score
Maybe he should do my build LOL. I'll ask Jody tomorrow when I see him if he remember that 800 hp truck .

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

All on a pmr motor too cause pmr's are waaaay stronger than forged!! LOLLOLLOL

Last edited:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Tell him 1200hp is so 5 years ago and send him a link to Double Overtime with a note that this is what all the cool kids are doing now.LOL
Oh he says the only person he hasnt been able to taken down is double overtime, and apparently he was at a local dyno day here that i was at and he put down 794 with his 38r as the only turbo. I remember a couple higher hp trucks, and i wasnt paying great attention, but a 7.3 putting down 800 would of caught my attention lol
They are lighter and free up extra HP......LOL
Thats what ive always heard, i switched over a couple years ago and put on electric fans to put as little stress on the crank and rest of the engine as possible.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Oh he says the only person he hasnt been able to taken down is double overtime, and apparently he was at a local dyno day here that i was at and he put down 794 with his 38r as the only turbo. I remember a couple higher hp trucks, and i wasnt paying great attention, but a 7.3 putting down 800 would of caught my attention lol

Thats what ive always heard, i switched over a couple years ago and put on electric fans to put as little stress on the crank and rest of the engine as possible.

Hey tell him cross drilling PMR's to lighten them up is what all the high HP trucks are running now.LOL

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Now why would somebody blatantly lie like that? I mean really what point is there in doing that? I really want that guy to sign up here and post a defense!! Haha!

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Now why would somebody blatantly lie like that? I mean really what point is there in doing that? I really want that guy to sign up here and post a defense!! Haha!

Ill email him right now and see if he will sign up, he must be pretty well known in the area if he is rolling around kicking ass in the sled pulling world.

Ill email him right now

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.