Mounting Component Speakers?

imelmo

Reaction score
So after getting my fancy-shmancy radio (Pioneer AVH-P4400BP) and installing it I couldn't take it any more and went ahead and ordered the rest of the system. LOL

Got a set of HSK165XL Hertz 6.5" 2-Way Components, JL Audio 300/2v2 amp for 'em, a JL Audio 13TW5-3 thin-line sub with enclosure, and a JL Audio 500/1v2 amp for it.

Got all that based on what UNBROKEN and PTSUPERD told me and what I've heard in their trucks. I figure it oughtta rock that little regular cab pretty good. :D

So I've installed the radio, I've installed amps and subs before, and I've installed speakers in stock locations, but I have no idea how to go about mounting the tweeters for the component speakers. I know the 6.5" woofer just mounts in the stock location, but where and how do you go about mounting the crossover and tweeter? I know the tweeter needs to be mounted a certain way for the "stage" to sound right. So where and how do I mount it and run the wires? And where are people mounting the crossovers at? I'd like to keep them out of view if possible.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I have mine mounted in the kicker panels on kicker panels next to my pedals. I'm not sure ho makes the formed kicker panels, they were in the truck when I bought it.

Snake

Reaction score
Danny, next to mounting them in the A-pillar, the second best place to mount the tweeters is in the sail panel. Third best place is in the door just above and to the left of the 6.5".

The croosover mounting location is limited only by you imagination. Some people choose to mount them close to the amp and others hide them in the doors or in the dash.

Latest posts

Members online