HP per cc

Big Bore

Reaction score
Ok, so last I knew it was around 2.4HP per cc, and if I remember correctly that was considered max under ideal conditions. So now it seems we are up around 2.8-2.9? Is this the changes in tuning and injector nozzle sizes? Just curious if that means a 300/300 can do 840HP?

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Ok, so last I knew it was around 2.4HP per cc, and if I remember correctly that was considered max under ideal conditions. So now it seems we are up around 2.8-2.9? Is this the changes in tuning and injector nozzle sizes? Just curious if that means a 300/300 can do 840HP?

you have to look at actual fuel burned, some of us make a lot of power with 238cc's and some don't make any power with 400+ cc's;)
Bigger is not always better, but bigger seems to sell more.

TARM

Reaction score
Air plus what is being injected in the proper pw. I have used 2 ms for figuring power on anything over a 100% nozzle for what a injector can flow. It seems to work out fairly well. You can certainly dump more fuel but if its not in the correct pw so it's after the crank window its just smoke and heat.

I think huge variations you see between almost identical setups and both competently tuned may have more to do with the dyno than the actual power they are making. After all when you get past all those tables etc what are you really left with but ICP, SOI, PW when it comes to making peak power?

I have seen some with dyno sheets showing over 3.5hp/cc

Do not forget that cams and head porting will effect VE% and raise that ratio.

Latest posts

Members online