you kansas people. OMFG

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
how do you guys live in kansas?

i was in kansas a few weeks ago, delivering a skid loader we sold, and its flat. virtually no trees, no water, everything is brown.

it was 1:30 PM and i was falling asleep at the wheel like it was 1:30AM. kansas sucked.

i come down from des moines, to kansas city, and across I-70 to ellsworth, down to dodge city, over to syracuse, which was the destination. that was average. there was the occasional tree to look at, and the roads turned a little bit.

i decided to go home a different way, never been to kansas, wanted to see what more of it, and went north up to I-80. i can say, with absolute certainty, that was the worst decision of my life.

THERE IS NOTHING TO LOOK AT, WHEN YOU LOOK OUT THE DRIVERS WINDWOW. WTF.

in your defense, i suppose, i asked todd, the buyer of the loader, how he could live somewhere, where there was nothing to look at and you can see forever.

he said, how can i live here, where i cannot see far enough.

i just wanted to share my opinion, of what i have seen of your state, that i think it sucks.

i mean, chit, how much more of a hint does mother nature need to give you guys? brown, flat, no rain, tornado's, more sand and rocks than dirt, and your dirts red not black. i mean wtf.

sorry, end rant.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
LOL...city boy.

I hear ya on the boring driving...you never get used to the flat, straight roads. I like the open nothingness though, I hate living in towns or with traffic.

Triple H

Reaction score
Central eastern Ks ain't too bad. It's greener, has creeks and rolling hills. I appreciate every state even if it isn't my cup of tea. You learn to like them all after you spend a chit ton of time in them away from home

dirtboy25

Reaction score
LOL Western Kansas is the worst part of the state. East KS isn't so bad, I live in S.E. Kansas and we have plenty of green, hills, and water.... It's still sucks though. :D

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
East central kansas is tons better black dirt nice trees but after about junction city there is not much to look at til denver. Try colby out for six months there are two things to do drink and sleep

Atsah

Reaction score
Comming from the most wooded state in the country, I don't think I would like KS much.. I did a trip through MI down through Ohio, Indana and Kentucky and I liked Kentucky a lot..

Short Bus

Reaction score
Kansas is definitely no Alaska when it comes to scenery but at least your not stuck looking at 4 story trees on each side of the road like Louisiana through Florida. My god if I ever have to drive through those states again I will go nuts. Not a damn thing to see but trees and water lol.

Latest posts

Members online