Color Matched Fender Vents

David S.

Reaction score
Is there a place where you can buy them from, or do they pop out and you can paint them any color you want?

anybody got any pics of PTM Fender vents?

Or a write up on how to paint them?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
billet badges sells custom ones

They just pop off in two peices pretty easy so you can paint them your self

What i did is poped them off
took the backing off the bottom part
i used spray gasket remover from napa to take the black lettering off the chrome, so this made the whole fendervent chrome
Then i taped off the letters in the fender vent to leave them chrome
I sanded the the chrome down, then sprayed bull dog adhiesive promoter on the sanded part and painted black
After everything dried i put them back together and simply snapped them back on the truck

here is what they looked like after i got done

0403091400.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

Silver2010

Reaction score
^^^ nice job. Looks great. I just painted the red waffle black on mine, left the rest. Easy to get off, but be careful, pretty flimsy.

David S.

Reaction score
Looks good dustin!

Yeah I'm just trying to paint the red waffle black on mine and see how it will look but I'm not sure. Truck is silver with a a dark grey on the bottom (2 tone) and black wheels.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Looks good dustin!

Yeah I'm just trying to paint the red waffle black on mine and see how it will look but I'm not sure. Truck is silver with a a dark grey on the bottom (2 tone) and black wheels.

Then i would probably paint the waffle part gray and the vender vent the same silver as the truck and do the letters in the fent the dark gray, something like that.

David S.

Reaction score
yeah that sounds pretty cool actually. I'm uploading a pic to photobucket right now of my ruck so yall can see what you think would look best

Stout

Reaction score
what paint are you all using? i woulda thought it would have flaked off. i bought the billet badges and im not real happy with how it turned out

David S.

Reaction score
what paint are you all using? i woulda thought it would have flaked off. i bought the billet badges and im not real happy with how it turned out

yup that was going to be my next question

Dzchey21

Reaction score

I use rattle cans....

You can get paint matched stuff put in a rattle can usually matches pretty close and its cheap and easy to work with

David S.

Reaction score
Think I may be going with something from billet badges now. Just need to get in touch with someone over there, haven't had anyone pick up the phone for me