Stereo Install Issue

imelmo

Reaction score
So I bought a little system for my truck. Got a Pioneer AVH-P4400BH head unit, a JL Audio 300/2v2 amp, and a JL Audio 500/1v2 amp. Got some Hertz components and a JL sub.

I've got the amps all wired up with proper size wiring. They both have power going to them but are not coming on. I checked with my meter. I imagine it has to be something with the remote wire but they are both connected. I have the radio sitting out and have it visibly tied together (blue and white wire on the radio).

Any suggestions as to what else I can check? I'm taking a break right now but when I go back down I'm going to hook the remote wire to the power wire and see if they come on.

Only other thing I can think of is maybe there's some kind of setting on the radio I need to use to make the amps come on but I haven't read anything about that.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Is the amp itself not coming on At all? Are the lights in the amp lighting up?

Or is it the amp is getting power, turning on and just not giving a signal to the subs?

If the remote wire Is the case some companies use the solid blue wire for remote turn on and not the blue/white tracer

If neither work you can wire it to any key on power source if the remote turn on is for sure your problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imelmo

Reaction score
I got it. It was part ground and part amp.

I didn't notice that it was sealer right where I had the ring terminal for the grounds sitting so I took care of that and the 300/2 amp came on but not the 500/1. Started looking at the front of the amp and all the switches in it (the front of it looks like a friggin' mixing board) and there was one that said something like input signal. When I switched it on the amp came on.

I've got the component crossovers set and wired, sub is hooked up, component woofer wires run. So tomorrow I just need to finish my adapter plates to mount the component woofers and mount them, mount and run the wires for the component tweeters, and run a few more things on the head unit and mount it.

It actually sounds pretty dang good already. I can tell it's gonna sound fantastic once everything's done. Hopefully I can get UNBROKEN to stop by here one day on his travels to help me set up all the dang buttons, dials, and switches on these amps. LOL

Viking

Reaction score
Awesome! I installed all new speakers and head unit in my ext cab and for no amps i really like it!

Latest posts

Members online