New System Installed!

imelmo

Reaction score
Wrapped up putting my all new system in the truck today. :D I got a Pioneer AVH-P4400BH head unit/dvd player and the kit to have it play while driving, Hertz 165 XL component speakers, a JL Audio 13TW5-3 sub in box, a JL Audio 500/1v2 sub amp, and a JL Audio 300/2v2 amp for the components. All together with install kits and wiring everything was a little over $2500. :doh:

Well worth it imo though! :D The sound is absolutely incredible! I've never had a system that sounded even remotely close to as clean and detailed as this one.

I've got just a couple more things to do. I've got the component woofers mounted in the door but I'm ordering the 6x8 to 6.5 adapter kit for 'em to fill the gap and probably the speaker baffles for 'em too. Won't take but a couple minutes to put those in.

And I need to make a trim piece for the bottom of the head unit. Apparently the bottom lip doesn't need to be trimmed at all for the double din in an '03, just the top, so the trim piece that came with the install kit didn't fit. Just gonna make something out of wood and fit it in there.

The sound is crystal clear at all levels. I sat in the truck just listening to different things for over an hour, lol. Popped in "Independence Day" and it sounds better than at the movies. :D And the $9.99 video by-pass I got off Ebay works great.

Did all of it myself with pretty much no issues other than a bad ground I had on the amps earlier. It was my first time installing anything even close to this extensive. I also ran all new wiring for the speakers. Took me about a day and a half going very slow and taking my time. If I was to do it again I'm sure I could do it again in less than a day going at the same pace.

I would HIGHLY recommend this set-up to anyone!

And big thanx to UNBROKEN and PTSUPERD for all the help/advice!

Here's a couple pics of it:

c5633c22.jpg

e3f416ba.jpg

da813449.jpg

c74e79d9.jpg

b9ac4f75.jpg

508350fc.jpg

75992cee.jpg

03b309e2.jpg

258c5215.jpg

94fa1aaf.jpg

81b4ecc4.jpg

bd6009ba.jpg

1a66ec18.jpg

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
jeez man. Thats alot! how do you like that sub? I need to get one for my truck and haven't been sure how they will fit. Is it a thin mount or whatever its called? If you don't mind me asking, How much did you pay for the box/sub?

imelmo

Reaction score
Videos! Let's hear it!!!

Somehow I don't think the sound quality would show over a cell phone vid, lol.

jeez man. Thats alot! how do you like that sub? I need to get one for my truck and haven't been sure how they will fit. Is it a thin mount or whatever its called? If you don't mind me asking, How much did you pay for the box/sub?

Yeah, it's a shallow mount. I had originally ordered just the sub and was gonna make my own box. But they were out of stock of just the sub, so they gave me the one in the truck box for $25 more. :D It was $575 with the box here: http://www.woofersetc.com/p-7442-13tw5-3-jl-audio-135-single-3-ohms-tw5-thin-line-subwoofer.aspx

imelmo

Reaction score
That sub is gonna need more than a 500/1 imho

Should still sounds great. I hope you like it

I don't know why. It hits super-hard and it's not even close to being turned up all the way.

imelmo

Reaction score
System is officially a success. I let my Dad sit in it and listen and he immediately said turn it down. LOL

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a shallow mount. I had originally ordered just the sub and was gonna make my own box. But they were out of stock of just the sub, so they gave me the one in the truck box for $25 more. :D It was $575 with the box here:

:jawdrop: Holy shti man, it must be nice to have extra money to drop on that LOL congrats!

Dslfumes

Reaction score
Good work Danny! I would love to upgrade my system to something like this but it is as the bottom of my list with my paint and new wheel & tire combo taking priority. Perhaps if I just man up and rattle can the truck I would save enough to upgrade sooner.....LoL!

imelmo

Reaction score
Yeah, I love that thing. Does everything I could need it to and more.

Members online

No members online now.