6.5 component suggestions?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I was looking at polk audio, Rockford fosgate and mtx audio.

Other than focal what do you guys recommend? I've been out of the audio game for a while but tjosebrands I listed above back in the day had some decent stuff so that was where thought to look first but I'm sure thereareotherstoo that I just don't know about? So what do you guys recommend?

Thanks

jdc753

Reaction score
What are you looking to spend on a set?

Don't rule out JL or Pioneer. I honestly wouldn't go for Rockford or MTX just they seem to more cater to the masses nowadays pushing mediocre product.

Some I would look at for a moderate price.

Alpine Type-R, $190

Alpine Type-X, $220, Type-X is the closest Alpine has to an SQ lineup while the Type-R is a nice more SPL oriented style. I believe this Type-X in the link might be discontinued but not sure, I would avoid the Type-X PRO setup though since it uses Ring Radiator tweeters.

Boston Acoustics Pro60's, $350, Older Pro 60's were known for getting loud and still sounding good.

Jl Audio XR650CSi, $300

MB Quart QS216, $360

I can't find the Pioneers that I like, the set used to be the 720PRS set but not listed anymore on sites, they have a 5.25" version listed though, might be holding out on releasing the new set :shrug:

You can't go wrong with Focal. I like the Polk SR series as well

jdc753

Reaction score
I haven't listened to Infinity in quite a while but I would imagine their products are still good. Most generally complained that infinity speakers were too bright, but that should be easily fixed with a little EQing.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I went to a local shop here on the lake, their kind of a high end installer. But they had a bunch of stuff for me to listen to and I was far to impressed with the focals to go any other direction. There entry levels blew everything elses out of the water.

I decided to do 165A1 up front and the 130a1 in the rear. They are some crisp sounding speakers. I was kinda weary of them at first because I've never heard of them but thats what everyone recomended and now after hearing them I know why. Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

The 165A1
301409d1268423316t-nuevos-productos-stinger-focal-y-morel-focal_access-165a1.jpg

The 130A1
focal130A1_2.jpg

Silver2010

Reaction score
JL Audio ZR650- had two sets in my last truck and they were awesome. Never heard the Focals in person but they are suppose to be top notch!

Erikclaw

Reaction score
JL Audio ZR650- had two sets in my last truck and they were awesome. Never heard the Focals in person but they are suppose to be top notch!

I bought the ZR570's for my truck, front and rear. I am wondering about these Focals too, but I think I will be happy with what I have. If not can always change them.

psdguy95

Reaction score
Ill be doing a pioneer set over summer. I think they sounded pretty good in the store and there priced pretty good.

NEVRNF

Reaction score
You have to watch out on E bay. There are a lot of counterfit Focal's being sold. I know Crutchfields is a authorized online seller. Other than that you can contact Focal as thier website only shows 1 dealer in California on the locator and i know of 2 in Chicago that dont come up.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I was thinkin about getting those focals for my old truck. I havent really looked into any for my new one cuz the stock system isnt bad, and I dont wanna mess it up lol

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Do the focals need a amp to push them? Never heard a set but heard good reviews.

He switched them from head unit power (25wx4) to a amp that was (100wx4) and either way it sounded great but obviously louder and more clear with the amp. He said they (focal) designed their speakers to fit a wide range of different power sources with out sacrificing any quality.

Now that could just be a sales pitch but just going off what I heard with my own ears they sounded great either way just better with an amp.

Latest posts

Members online