08 XL radio upgrade

Smokyred

Reaction score
I'm looking for some input on what I can put in my 08 for a head unit and speakers, the truck is a regular cab XL with the factory AM/FM radio and two front speakers I believe. I mainly want to put in two more speakers and a decent head unit, I don't need a $1k dollar sound system though, just something that sounds good.

I can get my hands on a factory 6 disc from an 06, would that work in my truck?

Thanks,
Dave

Spatel23

Reaction score
If you want to upgrade as far as sound goes, dont get the 06 unit. It would be a horizontal move.

Id say, first thing you shoud do is come up with a budget and we can better help you from there.

If you dont want a double din with GPS etc., you can just get a good single din unit and 2 speakers. The headunit can run the two speakers and it would be a good upgrade. Id guess you could be installed for less then $500 going this route.

Smokyred

Reaction score
I could definitely do $500, my main idea is to get at least 2 more speakers in the truck and upgrade the fronts, I haven't had the time to take the truck apart to see if wiring is there for the rear speakers.

I was asking about the 6 disc because I wanted to do the speakers for now, throw the 6 disc in if possible, and then do a nice double DIN when I found one I liked.

I normally do a HU/speaker upgrade on all my trucks, this is my first one on a base model truck so I'm struggling to find info on what I can do with it.

Dave

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online