Trips

Kind

Reaction score
This is a question for anyone that has experience under the hood of our 6.4's. I'm looking into plumbing ideas for my triple turbo set-up I will be undertaking in a few months. If any of you have any ideas that you would like to share, it would be appreciated. I'm all ears.

For now my idea is to run one atmosphere on each side if the motor, and the single in the valley. The problem I have with that(as cool as three turbos would look laid out across the engine compartment) is the plumbing, it would be a retarded mess. I also thought about putting both atmospheres on the passenger side, which would make plumbing everything much easier, but pretty cluttered as well. And the intercooler is getting plumbed after the last stage.

Like I said earlier, I'm all ears, so any useful ideas are welcome.

BFT

Reaction score
are you still plannig on running A/C and all of that good stuff? is this a dedicated drag truck or DD?

Kind

Reaction score
I will still be using it as a DD, it's my summer truck. So yeah, A/C would be nice lol.

jdgleason

Reaction score
My vote would be to plumb the atmosphere chargers in the passenger side of the bay and one hanging down to route the downpipe through the fender well. Then, you will have plenty of room for an intake as well as minimal changes to CAC pipe etc. And then, you can still have one battery under the hood at least. Im not sure if a second would fit on the drivers side.

BFT

Reaction score
Keep it on the passenger side and relocate the battery and the windshield wiper reservoir. One in the valley and 2 on the passenger side. Relocate the driver aid battery too and locate a nice custom windshield wiper reservoir tank.

Kind

Reaction score
My vote would be to plumb the atmosphere chargers in the passenger side of the bay and one hanging down to route the downpipe through the fender well. Then, you will have plenty of room for an intake as well as minimal changes to CAC pipe etc. And then, you can still have one battery under the hood at least. Im not sure if a second would fit on the drivers side.

Both my batteries are already removed and relocated so I have lots of extra room.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I dont think this is a very good place to gather info on a triple turbo build...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
either your going to have to put them both on one side or you are going to have to run the piping in front of the engine and possibly have to remove the fan to do that, piping would suck for sure no doubt, i would do them on one side but its going to depend on how big of turbos you run

Look out for my build in the next couple weeks, im mounting a fairly large atmospheric turbo on the pass side, it might even be to tight over there for the turbo im going to run :D

Donzimama

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Kind- glad to see you made it you need to repost some of your threads from the other place.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Placement might have to rely on what size chargers you are gonna be using. Are you doing 3 s300's or s400's. Me I would use a large vgt in the stock location and throw the other two on the passenger side together. Although one on each side would look cool you would have a ton of extra piping involved in doing it. If you kept the vgt in the valley your intercooler piping wouldn't need changed much, and it wouldn't be hard to plumb the cold side from the two primaries across the top of the motor to the secondary.

Kind

Reaction score
I dont think this is a very good place to gather info on a triple turbo build...

...Educate me:poke...::)

For some insight, I will be using 3 S300 frame turbos. 2 362's .70 A/R and 1 366 .91 A/R. SS turbine housings and BatMoWheels. And one waste-gate. The same set-up as what Bullseye has on their Dodge, with the addition of the BatMoWheel, if anyone wants to duplicate lol.

BFT; my windshield washer fluid gonzo. Deleted it when I had my custom air intake installed.

BFT

Reaction score
...Educate me:poke...::)

For some insight, I will be using 3 S300 frame turbos. 2 362's .70 A/R and 1 366 .91 A/R. SS turbine housings and BatMoWheels. And one waste-gate. The same set-up as what Bullseye has on their Dodge, with the addition of the BatMoWheel, if anyone wants to duplicate lol.

BFT; my windshield washer fluid gonzo. Deleted it when I had my custom air intake installed.

then there is TONS of room! if not an airsaw grinder or a BFH takes care of the room thingLOL
i know you boys are creative!

Kind

Reaction score
then there is TONS of room! if not an airsaw grinder or a BFH takes care of the room thingLOL
i know you boys are creative!

Anything is possible with a little inspiration!LOL

Kind

Reaction score
either your going to have to put them both on one side or you are going to have to run the piping in front of the engine and possibly have to remove the fan to do that, piping would suck for sure no doubt, i would do them on one side but its going to depend on how big of turbos you run

Look out for my build in the next couple weeks, im mounting a fairly large atmospheric turbo on the pass side, it might even be to tight over there for the turbo im going to run :D

I'm starting to lean towards the passenger side. I think it will be much easier as far as plumbing is concerned.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'm starting to lean towards the passenger side. I think it will be much easier as far as plumbing is concerned.

plumbing two atmospheric turbos off each side would be almost impossible because you need the discharge from the high pressure to run to both turbos, so then you would need a y-pipe and a pipe running to each side, then on the compressor side you would have to run one from each turbo to the high pressure in the valley, so there is 4 pipes already with no discharge from the high pressure, inlet to the intake manifold or anything like that, and there isnt a ton of room as is

Kind

Reaction score
Kind- glad to see you made it you need to repost some of your threads from the other place.

Which ones?LOL

plumbing two atmospheric turbos off each side would be almost impossible because you need the discharge from the high pressure to run to both turbos, so then you would need a y-pipe and a pipe running to each side, then on the compressor side you would have to run one from each turbo to the high pressure in the valley, so there is 4 pipes already with no discharge from the high pressure, inlet to the intake manifold or anything like that, and there isnt a ton of room as is

Yeah, once I started to visualize it all, I started to stray away from the atmospheres being on opposite sides of the motor. I gotta be realistic, and on top of it all, a friend of mine is teaching me how to tig at the same timeLOL so I shouldn't try to make it more difficult on myself.

Kind

Reaction score
roughly what size turbos are you going to run?

Bullseye Power, 2 362's .70 A/R and 1 366 .91 A/R. SS turbine housings and BatMoWheels. The 366 has a 72mm wheel if I understood Bill correctly.