Truck lopes but I can stop it. if that makes sense

Ed3196499

Reaction score
I am thinking I have a wire harness problem. The other night on the way home truck started to lope heavy at stop lights but cleared up once I started moving again. When I got home I checked around under the hood and while moving crap around on the passenger side top of the engine it cleared up and idled fine. I have done this twice now but cant visually see what it is thats making the difference. Does this sound like a chafe issue with the injector harness?

Truck info
2004 early run
CC 4x4 auto.
Four inch turbo back no cat or muffler
Oil and fuel filters changed less than 500 miles. (shell rotella) (ford filters)
Oh and its green:D

Thanks

Atsah

Reaction score
Sounds like it may be coincidental... Normally looping in a 6.0 is caused by the ICP sensor and or the pigtail connected to it.. I have also seen a dirty EGR valve cause the same issue, not sure if your EGR system is intact..

Ed3196499

Reaction score
My EGR is still the factory set up but I did take it out and clean the EGR a few months ago. I will try that this weekend again. would the pig tail frounding out be a possibility? or an injector wire grounding out? Didnt the early 6.0s have chafe problems on the engine harness?

Atsah

Reaction score
My EGR is still the factory set up but I did take it out and clean the EGR a few months ago. I will try that this weekend again. would the pig tail frounding out be a possibility? or an injector wire grounding out? Didnt the early 6.0s have chafe problems on the engine harness?

The pigtail on the ICP gets oil in it and starts to fail.. Cleaning the EGR valve works for a little while but not for long, I cleaned mine twice and then it needed to be replaced.. In the early 6.0's chafing harnesses did cause problems so sure..

Ed3196499

Reaction score
cel came on with P0299 and P2285 So I guess I am going to have to change out the ICP sensor and pigtail. although this will be the second sensor so I might try just changing the pigtail first.

Latest posts

Members online