Enclosed car hauler questions

nickg3130

Reaction score
My dad is looking into getting an enclosed trailer that we are going to be keeping our atv's in for storage, but it has to be able to haul a car. What is the smallest sized trailer we could get that is able to fit a car? I'm thinking 8.5x20' but I'm not sure if they make a smaller one that is able to fit a car?

bad12jr

Reaction score
I'd look at a 24. That's what we have for our late model and it still has room for some toolboxes and cabinets and such in the front. The price difference isn't much and the space is always better.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

qcfarmer

Reaction score
We've got a 24'. Large cars fit but just barely(2011 Lincoln towncar). We can fit our 01 mustang with 3-4 feet in front and 2-3 feet behind it. Basically what I'm saying is 24 is minimum to get anything in with some wiggle room. We are actually looking for a bigger one... I can get you a deal on our old one...

nickg3130

Reaction score
We've got a 24'. Large cars fit but just barely(2011 Lincoln towncar). We can fit our 01 mustang with 3-4 feet in front and 2-3 feet behind it. Basically what I'm saying is 24 is minimum to get anything in with some wiggle room. We are actually looking for a bigger one... I can get you a deal on our old one...

Let me know on the old one.

Vodomagoo

Reaction score
A 20 will fit most cars with a roll around box in front of it strapped to the wall in the front. Mustangs Camaros bmws etc will fit. Full size cars need 24ft. When I road raced guys with NASCAR trucks had 20ft trailers with the tires above the bed with snap in supports to hold them but they only did this because they were pulling with gas trucks, I had a 28ft with a smaller BMW and loved it tons of space benches etc... IMO get at least a 24ft, 28ft if you are running a full size truck gas milage is not a huge difference, when you need more space you'll have it already

Wes Lewis

Reaction score
We have a 40 ft gooseneck for racing. Front 20 is living rear 20 is garage. We can only fit 4 quads in it. never had a car in it, although its big enough fit one.

Just something to think about with how many and how big your atvs are. We have to put all 4 in sideways for them to fit.

Dustin34520

Reaction score
Don't settle! Another vote for 8 1/2' x 24'. That's what I have. I was looking for a used 20' one for awhile. I looked at some local ones that looked good in pictures but turned out to be junk. I was about to get a cheap one from Georgia but decided to put a wanted add on Craislist with a budget of about $5,000. Found a lot of older ones in my price range. The owner of Premier Custom Trailer in Schoolcraft, MI called me and told me I could buy new for $5000. I bought the 24' one for $5400 out the door NEW. Peace of mind and a warranty (5 year/25 year floor).They use a heavy undercoating on them. It's an United trailer. It has the beaver tail and the 4' door on the side. I couldn't be happier.

Attachments

• 2pyz4us.jpg
    2pyz4us.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Ouch

Reaction score

How much are you thinking for your old one?

Reaction score
My dad is looking into getting an enclosed trailer that we are going to be keeping our atv's in for storage, but it has to be able to haul a car. What is the smallest sized trailer we could get that is able to fit a car? I'm thinking 8.5x20' but I'm not sure if they make a smaller one that is able to fit a car?

The minimum I would be looking for 2 ATV's and one care would be a 24' gooseneck V-Nose. My old 48' two car enclosed goooseck was a V-Nose and it was worth every penny to add the V-Nose. You will be kicking yourself every time you hook up to it if you buy a tag trailer, the gooseneck will pull like a dream compared to a tag even with a trailer that small.

Jason

Reaction score
Youll have to fogive Chris....hes drank the water a few too many times. A 24' enclosed gooseneck will have a floor space of 16'. 24' of floor will be 32' overall...and you are limiting yourself to what vehicles can tow it due to the neck configuration. 24' tag, and thats as big as i would go with a tag trailer.

BFT

Reaction score
My bad... Tag (bumper pull) or GN

I can't imagine someone needing a GN to store a car or have it to haul around quads
If a tag trailer is what you would like, this one I think is for sale.
IMG_6053.jpg