Bullet Proof EGR

ADub

Reaction score
I may be getting back into a diesel sooner than I thought and have been looking at 6.0s in the $20k range. I now live in a county that requires emissions testing so unless I could still make emissions without the egr I need to keep it on. Does anyone have experience with their stuff?

Atsah

Reaction score
I know a few people that have there coolers installed, and I never heard anything bad about them..

ADub

Reaction score
Good to hear. How difficult are they to install? And just to clarify, there is no way I can pass emissions with the egr deleted. I was wondering if any of the tuners make an "emissions" tune that pulls fuel that I could load up a week before I go in for the testing.

The other option is put my dad on the title as well and use his address and not have to worry about it.

Atsah

Reaction score
As far as installing there cooler, Is isn't to bad.. I don't know anything about tuners so I can't help you there, I'm sure someone who knows will chime in..

06powerstroke

Reaction score
I have to have my truck inspected too and I run an FCDP solid uppipe. The cooler and EGR valve are still there but the cooler is not connected to the uppipe. Can't see it for the test and I passed easily. Just another route...

ADub

Reaction score
I like the idea of a solid uppipe. I am assuming that you told Innovative or Gearhead that one tune needs to pass emissions or is it just a standard street/race tune?

60POWERSTROKE73

Reaction score
I have to have my truck inspected too and I run an FCDP solid uppipe. The cooler and EGR valve are still there but the cooler is not connected to the uppipe. Can't see it for the test and I passed easily. Just another route...

I saw this on thier website today, I might have to do this mod soon.

ITUKMOR

Reaction score
All SCT X3 tuners can turn the egr off with the "canned" tunes. We put on several EGR deletes a week and they all have passed emissions.

To answer your original question, we have also installed several FULL Bulletproof kits that include the remote mount oil cooler in conjunction with the Bulletproof EGR. The kit was top quality and looked great after install. We currently have a kit in stock being installed on Monday next week and another kit that shipped to us today. If you are seriously considering putting an EGR cooler back on your truck, the Bulletproof EGR cooler is the best that we have found.

But at the same time if you DO an EGR delete, then you HAVE to get a tuner. . . crap! :D

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Or pull the egr cooler or find a bad one. Weld up the exhaust openings and re install. Tune it with a sct. Looks stock. For inspection purposes they would have to have some knowledge and a lot of specific computers to figure that one out...

Nice to see you posting adam.

TorqueMasterG

Reaction score
Its hard to pass a visual inspection EGR cooler not installed. We offer a delete that looks like a factory cooler but we would prefer to sell you an upgraded EGR cooler. EGR deletes can become a headache when selling your truck.

Abrannan19

Reaction score
It's not that hard and selling a truck with an egr delete will always be a pro not a con.

Dalpilot

Reaction score
Or pull the egr cooler or find a bad one. Weld up the exhaust openings and re install. Tune it with a sct. Looks stock. For inspection purposes they would have to have some knowledge and a lot of specific computers to figure that one out...

Nice to see you posting adam.

Put a freeze plug in both ends and be done with it forever. If the oil cooler gets clogged and it blows the egr cooler, no biggie, it's simply a resevoir. Total cost $1.50

ParkerFly

Reaction score
My EGR delete looks stock, can't even tell it. Valve is still there and hooked up. I don't have to get emissions done here, but everyone I've heard of who does has always passed with a delete.
My cousin has the bullet proof EGR on his truck and likes it, but to me if you're going through the trouble of replacing it, just delete it and you're guaranteed no problems plus you get all the benefits of getting rid of the EGR system.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Let me know iwhat year you get if you do get a 6.0. I have both versions of the coolers, and I weld them up, and pressure test them for people that are in your situation. Looks totally factory, but will never leak, or blow out. Do them cheap too.:thumbup:

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Put a freeze plug in both ends and be done with it forever. If the oil cooler gets clogged and it blows the egr cooler, no biggie, it's simply a resevoir. Total cost $1.50

I agree. Gotta pull my turbo soon and will be doing this. But should also mention that while it's apart you should remove the EGR scoop.

Last edited:

yeehaw

Reaction score

mine was a little more rednecked than that BUT works the same, way cheap and EGR is still bolted/plugged in and looks stock under the hood

Latest posts

Members online