Custom MiniMaxx Mount

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Hey guys, Just thought I would post up my custom mount for the mini maxx that i have been working on. I always thought it would be cool to hide my tuner without unplugging it from its dock, so that is where I came up with the idea to mount it in the overhead console/sunglass holder. Here is a pic about halfway in. Im not done yet but a pretty good start.

20120424_205200.jpg

4tonGT40

Reaction score
Hey guys, Just thought I would post up my custom mount for the mini maxx that i have been working on. I always thought it would be cool to hide my tuner without unplugging it from its dock, so that is where I came up with the idea to mount it in the overhead console/sunglass holder. Here is a pic about halfway in. Im not done yet but a pretty good start.

20120424_205200.jpg
Good job, It all starts with an idea...

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Almost finished it! Just have to do some final touches and wire it up. I'll post pics :D

tmillburg

Reaction score
WTF!!!! damn it, you took my idea, we are awesome thinkers

Translated from Morse Code

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Haha I finished it two days ago and it works perfectly. It was tricky but definitely worth it :D
And yes great minds think alike!

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
oh yeah... you can see i cut out almost the entire middle of the "cup" that holds the glasses lol.. and to smooth it out used rubber edges to make it look nice. you have to do quite a bit of fab work on the plastic because it is not meant to have an hdmi cable running through it. if you get serious about it and pull the console out you can pretty much figure out what needs to be dremeld. There is a semi circle on the console pod that ill go get a pic of, and that is the only modded thing that you can see.

Last edited:

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
But I am super happy with how it came out. I used the round adapter that usually fits into a 2" pod to mount it

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Anyone with a new charcoal console is more than welcome to trade with me for this one. I no longer use a mini max so ill include the custom hdmi cord and all. Just trade straight up for a non modded console

Latest posts

Members online