Would you?

I*C*B*M

Reaction score
Mods are in my sig....would you get rid of a 6.4, or have you....for a 6.7? Looking at a 2012 Black regular cab. No drama with mine yet, but the deal may be worth my while. Comments please!

Reaction score
We had one for a couple weeks. 6.7 that is. Put 2000 miles on it. To be honest drove the ever living crap out of the thing. Was really impressed with the low end side of the truck. Getting used to the 6 speed transmission was different. I have herd horror stories about the turbos and the valve sides of them are super weak. I know the bottom end is weak like the 7.3.
But all in time its still a new truck. Just need some time like all.
Anyway I would buy one. The comfort alone is pretty amazing for a standard package.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
I like the ext. Cab. Its there if you need it and a good place to keep extra clothes, a bag, etc. I want an ext. Cab more than my reg cab. And IMO the 6.4 is a nicer platform/more developed than the 6.7

Last edited:

SAK

Reaction score
Let me just say I wish I had my 6.4 back. Don't get me wrong, I love my 6.7, but the power and fuel mileage of the 6.4 is so much better.

I have been throwing around the idea of selling my 6.7 finding a single cab XL or XLT dully for towing and getting a Raptor for daily driving.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Chris

Reaction score
i think these guys have hit the nail on the head. a 6.4 is going to win the hp battle until someone comes up w/ an upgraded high pressure fuel solution for the 6.7. The cp4 just doesnt have hte volume. That being said they arent a slouch. mine on 37s and american force 10 lugs ran a 14.3@91 mph. bigdaddy4x's truck w/ the same lift and wheel and tire setup, but a 6.4, runs 13.7@100. that shows the hp difference.

If youre looking for the hp, the 6.7 isnt there yet. If youre looking for comfort and driveability, you would never look back. They also tow like a beast, but a 6.4 does as well. Mileage wise i think its pretty similar. The two trucks i mentioned above get pretty close mileage. when the 6.4 is on the big tune it gets 13-14. on a lighter tune 16-17. my 6.7 gets right at 15 all the time. hope this info helps you.

I*C*B*M

Reaction score
thanks guys. I appreciate the input. I really love my 6.4 so far, I think the problem is the dealer. I'm like a kid with a shiny new toy being dangled in front of me.

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
Let me just say I wish I had my 6.4 back. Don't get me wrong, I love my 6.7, but the power and fuel mileage of the 6.4 is so much better.

I have been throwing around the idea of selling my 6.7 finding a single cab XL or XLT dully for towing and getting a Raptor for daily driving.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

I like this idea..........

Zmann

Reaction score
I bought My 6.0 holding off so the 6.4 could prove itself ,, it did the 6.7 has not

I would wait

Biggpigg4x4

Reaction score
ugh... reg cab black 6.7... I got one of them!! haha..

DSCN0216.jpg

DSCN0233.jpg

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Very comfortable.
Very powerful, even stock.
Very bad dealers, though either you've already discovered this or found a good one.

Yes, the motor is unproven and yes, when things go wrong they are usually catastrophic. Warranty repair from what's being reported is hit or miss.

I like my truck quite a bit, but despise when it needs to go to Ford for anything - they make it such a hassle and they want to deny everything.

Anyway, it's cool, but you have to make your own decision.
Sure do see a lot of griping from guys who sold their 6.0/6.4/7.3 and got a 6.7. "I wish I'd never sold my x.x truck" is often repeated on the forums.

As for me, I kept my old truck and am glad I did. I have something to drive when the Ford is in the shop.

Here's a pic
F350Stage1Done.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

Last edited:

I*C*B*M

Reaction score
Thanks for the good write up. Sweet truck! Honestly, i think it's just the glamour of the new truck. So far, so good with the 6.4, so why fix what isn't broken...yet.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I'm hoping to help prove the 6.7 capabilities very soon fellas. I say ditch the 6.4 and make the jump to the 6.7