CSIPSD

Reaction score
I have cut and mangled my avatar pic from PSN and it still will not fit here... Can we make the size any bigger?

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Whats size do you need? Im willing to work with the size limits. Is it file size or the dimensions?

The reason Im trying to keep it kind of small is to lower load times for users. Dont want people thinking the sites slow when its their machines choking on billboard sized avatars :D

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Umm its 180x150 :D

You can go larger on yours if you want.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I went from one like the big one...

down to the little one and it still will not load it.

Of course I didnt save the edited one seperatly, but its not like I dont know how to take a picture of a gauge...:rolleyes:

:D

Attachments

• Pyro warning light.JPG
    Pyro warning light.JPG
    411.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Boost.JPG
    Boost.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 30

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Whats size do you need? Im willing to work with the size limits. Is it file size or the dimensions?

The reason Im trying to keep it kind of small is to lower load times for users. Dont want people thinking the sites slow when its their machines choking on billboard sized avatars :D

Mine was the file size limit..can we do what we did on PSN...have it shrink any dimension file down to to a certain size so we dont have to edit it 10 times to make it fit...

when i used to make new avatars on psn i could use any size file i wanted it and it would accept it, but it would only make it a certain size in posts

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The problem with that is it isnt actually resizing it file size wise.
It makes the browser force the picture into a frame. This helps with the looks one wants from an avatar but the huge file still has to be loaded by the browser. Makes pages slow. I can up the size some and see if that helps.

02BigD

Reaction score
Mine was the file size limit..can we do what we did on PSN...have it shrink any dimension file down to to a certain size so we dont have to edit it 10 times to make it fit...

when i used to make new avatars on psn i could use any size file i wanted it and it would accept it, but it would only make it a certain size in posts

This. That was the only place I could get ANYTHING to work for my avatar.

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I went from one like the big one...

down to the little one and it still will not load it.

Of course I didnt save the edited one seperatly, but its not like I dont know how to take a picture of a gauge...:rolleyes:

:D

The first picture is huge file size wise for an avatar pic and the 2nd one is plenty small enough just to large dimensions wise.

I attached the resized version of the 2nd pic.

Attachments

• Boost.JPG
    Boost.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 34

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok I figured out how to auto solve the image dimensions. Wont completely help if you try uploading a file thats to large diskspace wise but will auto resize it dimension wise.

I dont have enough time to do that before I snooze. I can get this in the 3am maintenance window later tonight.

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Avatar and profile pics will auto size now. Make sure the picture is 2.5 megs or smaller and the site will handle the rest.

I JUST now fixed this so try again if anyones having problems uploading an avatar or profile pic.

Latest posts

Members online