Valve springs

Milford

Reaction score
I am curious about your valve springs and at what point you would recommend using them instead of the 910s. Also the S467, what are the limits on injector you have been seeing with them? I trying to get all this stuff figured out to start buying parts and I am going with a 250/200 most likely for an injector but will most likely upgrade eventually. I dont tow, I just drive the truck on the weekends and with would be a take it to the track and pull with it every once and a while.

Thanks for the info in advance.

2000wa250

Reaction score
250/200's and the 467 are a great combo. I have a 6 speed and I could only imagine what it would be like with a built automatic. As far as the Springs, I'll let Jake answer better, but from my understanding his springs do not need shims, where as the comps do. As far as spring pressure I am not sure, but his kit also includes new valve seals and some other stuff. Basically from my understanding Jakes kit is similar to WOP's however it does not require machining

Milford

Reaction score
Ok cool. Im jusr curious as to what boost numbers they will stand up to just incase i upgrade injectors in the future and shoot for 700+ hp.

bigjake0524

Reaction score
The springs have 160lbs of seat pressure when installed. You won't have to use any shims with them they are a drop in spring with the new retainers and locks that they come with. They also come with new valve seal or can be purchased without them as well. We just like to change out the seals if they are old seals since your already right there. The springs will stand up to some pretty high numbers. They will handle 60psi just fine. Not sure if anybody has ran them past that but I wouldn't hesitate to!

Milford

Reaction score
Sweet, sounds good. Now of the S400 series turbos, fot 600-700hp which is recommende and will hold up? I wontt be towing and its mostly a weekend truck.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Jake whats the price on those springs? I bought 910's from you but kinda wish i stepped up to the next level.

bigjake0524

Reaction score
If wanting to be in that power range I would look at an S474 with the race cover or the S476. The 476 has the medium sized turbine wheel so will be a bit slower to spool but will move more exhaust and help with EGT's and back pressure. Just depends on if you want high top end power or something that will still be decent to spool on the street.

bigjake0524

Reaction score
Those springs are $450.00 and include the springs, retainers, locks and new valve seals.

Milford

Reaction score
Not to worried about spool. I am planning on live tuning to maximize the spool but i am also considering a mild cam and flow work for the heads to help flow and egts. Im going all out on this with the internal hardware.

Latest posts

Members online